Dodgers attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgers attendance

Yesterday the Dodgers passed the Yankees for top attendance in MLB.

3,442,261 with 6 games left, an average of 45,896 per game!
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

The Yankees have a smaller stadium...

BUT, the way I see it, it's not like people are rushing to say farewell to the most important stadium this side of the Atlantic.

The Dodgers were also the best road draw, last time I checked.

Mcrack_Ayala is probably choking on his own vomit as he reads this.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Comment

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
      The Yankees have a smaller stadium...

BUT, the way I see it, it's not like people are rushing to say farewell to the most important stadium this side of the Atlantic.

The Dodgers were also the best road draw, last time I checked.

Mcrack_Ayala is probably choking on his own vomit as he reads this.
      1. Yes, the Yankees have a smaller ballpark, but since they're only playing to 82% capacity that shouldn't matter much.

NYS seats over 52,000, but they're averaging less than 46,000.

2. You're right--the Dodgers are #1 in road attendance as well.

3. LOL
      - Walt Whitman

Comment

Well done sir, won't you join us in the study for some brandy and cigars?
        No one can make you
        Do what they want to
        You know you're stronger
        Than the lies
        That they tell you

Comment

Love to, Ol' Chap. Tell Foggsworth to warm my snifter gently and hold all my calls.
          - Walt Whitman

Comment

The usual, but of course.

I went to twelves games this year, might take in a few more before the postseason. Some games I was a guest, and other times I treated my friends.

Just wondering, did you get a chance to watch any games in person? I read in the big thread that you conducted some business at the offices in the Stadium earlier this year. Lemme ask you something, did you just stroll in there? Did they let you park in Lot D?
            No one can make you
            Do what they want to
            You know you're stronger
            Than the lies
            That they tell you

Comment

Alas, I did not make any games this season before I moved up here in the spring.

I did get to say "see you later" to my second favorite sports palace when I had my appointment with ThinkCure in late March.

I didn't exactly stroll in--I told the parking gate person that I had an appointment, and he told me to pull to the side and wait. Then he gave me a visitors sticker to put on and told me to go on in. I parked right outside the Club Level offices and went in from there. Interestingly enough I arrived just a few minutes before Obama arrived in Marine One in the parking lot! I noticed lots of MiB types all over the place--I only found out later who they were. As I was waiting inside I saw the McCourts stroll past me with a guy carrying a Dodger sweater with OBAMA 44 on the back--getting ready to meet him at the hellecopter in the lot! Pretty cool.

Anyway I missed seeing the Prez but I did get a nice tour of the offices, suites and other club level goodies.
              - Walt Whitman

Comment

Now there's a story you don't read everyday.

President, Schmresident. You got to hang out on the Club Level.

I'm guessing this was around the time Obama went on Leno? Imagine that, Marine One just landing in the parking lot. I didn't see this published anywhere, I guess they wanted to keep it low-key. It would be so cool if some pictures or some video footage was released.

My favorite presidential moment at Dodger Stadium was Ronald Reagan throwing out the first pitch in 1989.

P.S. Will you come down for any playoff games?
                Last edited by ChineseDemocracy; 09-18-2009, 12:08 AM. Reason: .
                No one can make you
                Do what they want to
                You know you're stronger
                Than the lies
                That they tell you

Comment

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                  Now there's a story you don't read everyday.

President, Schmresident. You got to hang out on the Club Level.

I'm guessing this was around the time Obama went on Leno? Imagine that, Marine One just landing in the parking lot. I didn't see this published anywhere, I guess they wanted to keep it low-key. It would be so cool if some pictures or some video footage was released.

My favorite presidential moment at Dodger Stadium was Ronald Reagan throwing out the first pitch in 1989.

P.S. Will you come down for any playoff games?
                  http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2009/0...r-stadium.html

March 19th, I think. They were fixing up Dodger Stadium for the WBC that coming weekend, I remember, and Obama was going to tour L.A. for whatever reason, do the Tonight Show and fly back home that evening.

I'll be watching the playoffs on TV, unfortunately. No money to spare these days. Grrrrrrrrr...
                  - Walt Whitman

Comment

First time since 1986

Yesterday the Dodgers not only clinched the NL west flag, but they also clinched the #1 attendance in MLB for 2009.

First time that's happened since 1986!
                    - Walt Whitman

Comment

LMAO @ the Angels being dead last in road attendance.

The Dodgers fell to 4th in road attendance because of the 2 of the last 3 road series (Washington and Pittsburgh).
                      Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

More fuel for the L.A. haters, bring it on.

I'd rather be hated than to do the actual hating.

I sound like I'm from the projects in this post.
                        No one can make you
                        Do what they want to
                        You know you're stronger
                        Than the lies
                        That they tell you

Comment

Was this not the second highest attendance on record, behind 1991? I think I read that somewhere.
                          "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

How cool are those pictures! Man! March 19? Where was I? I attended all the Spring training games. I''ve only missed 4 home games when I had to take a business trip but I did go to 11 on the road not counting Spring Training.
                            I Love the Dodgers!
                            Emma
                            http://crzblue.mlblogs.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X