Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 NLCS: Phillies vs Dodgers

Game 1 is on Thursday.

Use this thread to discuss the sweep that awaits us at the hands of the defending World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

So says Mr Reverse Phsychology!!

Not confident but there will be now brooms out this time, either way!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Game at 5.m. pacific time. TBS, now that is funny.
      Torre has not announced who the starter will be.
      Emma
      http://crzblue.mlblogs.com/

Comment

Let's go Los Angeles!!! May life continue to be "sweep" until the end of the post-season! :gt
        Put it in the books.

Comment

I'm going to game 1!

Sweet!

I get to witness an embarrassing loss AND miss Happy Hour!

FML
          No one can make you
          Do what they want to
          You know you're stronger
          Than the lies
          That they tell you

Comment

Hope you have a great day out at the game, and come home with a smile on your dial CD.

I see the starting rotation has been announced as Kershaw, Padilla, Kuroda & Wolf. I presume Billingsley will be used as a reliever or maybe closer at some stage.

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

they didn't though and now we have to win one in philly

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20, but I would have pulled Kersh sooner. It was obvious he had lost it, yet Torre left him in one batter WAY too late...and it killed us. Nice 0-5 for the Beard. Way to make Chan Ho Park look like Mariano Rivera.

I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
                  Hindsight is 20/20, but I would have pulled Kersh sooner. It was obvious he had lost it, yet Torre left him in one batter WAY too late...and it killed us. Nice 0-5 for the Beard. Way to make Chan Ho Park look like Mariano Rivera.

I agree with you but our one weak spot vs the phils is clayton kershaw so maybe we will win tonight and steal one or two in philly

Comment

Originally posted by knicksfan89 View Post
                    I agree with you but our one weak spot vs the phils is clayton kershaw so maybe we will win tonight and steal one or two in philly
                    Not time yet to give up....:gt

Comment

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
                      Not time yet to give up....:gt
                      certainly not I hope the dodgers don't either.

Comment

Joe Torre lost that game, not the players.
                        No one can make you
                        Do what they want to
                        You know you're stronger
                        Than the lies
                        That they tell you

Comment

CD, how was your day out at the game...despite the loss?

It could almost be said today that Dodgers did not win the game, the Phillies lost it. The Dodgers did not look like doing anything until the Phillies bullpen melted in the 8th and the Utley error and bases loaded walk allowed the 2 runs.

The pitching was excellent by Martinez & Padilla, and the Phillies looked capable of holding on until the meltdown, and the Dodgers were able to use a 'get out jail card' . But a win is a win no matter how you get it.
                          :gt

Comment

As a baseball fan, the game was fantastic. The stadium was rocking the whole game, and there was a lot of offense, which is always fun.

Ah, see! You said the Phillies lost the game, and you are absolutely right.

Maybe I would be more confident if the Dodgers would WIN their games by themselves, not have to squeak by and rely on the other teams' blunders.

Padilla Da Killa

Screw the Flotilla.
                            No one can make you
                            Do what they want to
                            You know you're stronger
                            Than the lies
                            That they tell you

Comment

Let's go L.A. !!!! ....And I mean the only L.A. team!

:gt
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X