I can't believe it but I'm pullling for the Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe it but I'm pullling for the Phillies

It was a rough week not being able to look forward to seeing our boys in blue play in their first world series in 20 years. A week ago I would have gotten in a fight with a Philly fan had he opened his mouth at the wrong time.

I've calmed down and realized the Dodgers were just not good enough. Our pitching was lost it for us and that actually made it easier to get over. It's not like we had a team like the Yankees where you got good pitching and good hitting. We had good hitting but our pitching was just average IMO. So that paves way for improvement. We can be better.

Back to the point of this thread though is about the Phillies. The only Philly I really dislike is Victorino. He's basically a "you love him or hate him" player. Ryan Howard is a great player, Cliff Lee, Utley, Werth. They are great players.

I figure if the Phillies win again the Dodgers would have lost twice in a row to the World Series Champion Phillies. That should make you feel good in a way because you lost to the best team. It was just meant to be that the Phillies would win it because they were just that good.

Along with that and the fact that I live and work around a lot of Yankee fans. I really would like to see the disappointment and shock to see them lose. Plus, it would be another year of spending millions and millions only to fall short of a 27 Championship trophy.

So there it is. I felt like this before the game tonight and was very happy to see the Phillies win.

National League pride.

Besides, a 20 championship gap is easier to stomach than a 21 championship gap.

And yes, Victorino...but I figure being married to perhaps the ugliest woman on this earth, he deserves some success on the diamond. I still hate him.
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Comment

How did that work out? Werth is a doosher and Howard is nothing, he went for the WS strikeout record Oh if only McCheap had gotten Cliff Lee. I understand your point but i was on the other side, let the Yankers get what they paid for so we can all laugh about it and blame Selig for ruining baseball. Better to have the team everyone expects to win it instead of some obnoxious Phillies fans bragging about a repeat.
      22 League Pennants

Assume nothing; Question everything

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgersfan323 View Post
        How did that work out? Werth is a doosher and Howard is nothing, he went for the WS strikeout record Oh if only McCheap had gotten Cliff Lee. I understand your point but i was on the other side, let the Yankers get what they paid for so we can all laugh about it and blame Selig for ruining baseball. Better to have the team everyone expects to win it instead of some obnoxious Phillies fans bragging about a repeat.
        I waffled on my NL Pride. Started pulling for the Yankees when the series returned to Filthadelphia. I wouldn't want to see that puto Victorino hold up the Commissioner's Trophy again.
        No one can make you
        Do what they want to
        You know you're stronger
        Than the lies
        That they tell you

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X