Kershaw in 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kershaw in 2011?

How many wins will Clayton Kershaw collect in 2011? Over the past two seasons he's amassed a 2.85 ERA in 63 games, yet only a 21-18 record to show for it. Will this be his breakout season? If so, what will his win total be?
    Less than 10
    0.00%
    10-12
    0.00%
    13-14
    0.00%
    15-17
    25.00%
    18-19
    37.50%
    20+
    37.50%

His production the last two seasons would indicate that he has broken out. The problem seems to be that he has a very high number of "no decision" starts. He's already one of the 20 or so best starters in the game.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
      His production the last two seasons would indicate that he has broken out. The problem seems to be that he has a very high number of "no decision" starts. He's already one of the 20 or so best starters in the game.
      Yet you don't dare hazard a guess as to how many of those decisions fall his way this upcoming season?

Comment

As for me, I'm going to go way out on a limb and say he has a twenty win season!

Comment

The powers that be at Dodgertown seem very happy with his Spring Training performances and I will go with something around 18 wins 8 losses and 5 no decisions????
          "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

I think Kershaw will challenge Cain, Lincecum, Halladay, and Jimenez for the CYA, will be around 18-20 wins and over 220 K's. He's a great young pitcher, can't wait for the G'ints/Dodgers, him against Cain or Lincecum, division leadership at stake, classic pitching duel(s). Much as I hate the Dodgers (my three favourite teams being the G'ints, the A's, and Whoever is Playing the Dodgers), that's a good looking staff, and some top-notch young positional talent.

Comment

Some good prognosticating there. It turns out that 3 of us were correct with our win range. Sirmudgeon has to get the prize for caling his CYA and strikeout range.

Comment

Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
                Some good prgnosticating there. It turns out that 3 of us were correct with our win range. Sirmudgeon has to get the prize for caling his CYA and strikeout range.
                Well done guys!

It was great that the Dodgers invited us season ticket holders to the press conference at Dodger Stadium after it wa announced that Kershaw had won the Cy Young. I was surprised that only one person from the media asked Kershaw a questions but then again that gave us a chance to ask questions to our Cy Young. It was well done on the field. Newcombe and Fernando were also in attendance as welll Vin Scully, Matt Kemp, James Loney and Maury Wills.

Comment

Originally posted by crzblue View Post
                  Well done guys!

It was great that the Dodgers invited us season ticket holders to the press conference at Dodger Stadium after it wa announced that Kershaw had won the Cy Young. I was surprised that only one person from the media asked Kershaw a questions but then again that gave us a chance to ask questions to our Cy Young. It was well done on the field. Newcombe and Fernando were also in attendance as welll Vin Scully, Matt Kemp, James Loney and Maury Wills.
                  Wow! That must have been incredible! I'm more than a little bit envious.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X