MLB Ownership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Ownership

Let the speculation begin. Bud obviously believes the ownership situation is unsatisfactory for the Dodgers and the MLB although McCourt has made a short statement that his ownership has met all the requirements of the MLB and he cannot understand Bud's move.
    I will sit back and watch this unfold in the hope (albeit forlorn) that it will not affect the on field performances. They did win tonight, despite the announcement, but maybe Don's 50th birthday superceded any other announcements.
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Again, Happy Birthday to Don Mattingly, and hooray for the MLB takeover. Now . . . please . . . please . . . could a real baseball fan please buy the team? Mark Cuban would be okay, but he loves the Mavs too much to ever really give his whole heart to the Dodgers and baseball. I want a true fan of the game to buy the team. I guess time will tell.

On a happier note, Kemp looked dead sexy winning the game tonight in the Brooklyn throwback unis. NOT the ones I voted for a few months ago, but they were my second choice and they did look pretty sweet.

GO DODGERS! We're on a winning streak, b*%$&es!
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

And in related news, DodgerDownUnder and bhss89 continue to keep the Dodger 2011 Season Thread alive . . .

"I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Here is an article from today's LV Review Journal that makes interesting reading:
        http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2011/0...dgers-baseball

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

BHS, yes, the boys look great in their throwback unis. I too did not vote for that one. I love also that the visiting team is wearing throwback unis. The Braves had the Boston Braves unis, Cubs sported old unis last time too. I can't wait for the next one. What were you talking about here? Oh yeah onership. I got a chance to talk to Steve Soboroff and Drew McCourt. The following day I ran into Tom Schieffer. Is a mess this whole ownership deal. That day that MLB made that announcement there were so many media people at the stadium interviewing lots of fans. I got interviewed by Channel 9.

Comment

crzblue, are you in a position to give us a more in depth idea of what is going on and where this is heading?

Comment

This AP interview with Tom Schieffer had him describe the task of fixing the Dodgers' finances as "completely daunting". He says that the Dodgers are comprised of no fewer than 26 interlocking entities, found out that Frank and Jamie were paying themselves salaries of $5 million and $2 million per year, respectively, and that Jamie has bought six houses in recent years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...gers-schieffer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X