I'm So Proud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm So Proud

Of our very own Emma. I had just gotten free tickets to the game yesterday and I was running late, but got in just in time for the pre-game ceremonies.

I look up on the Diamonvision screen, and there's Emma saying "It's time for Dodger baseball!"

Congratulations, I am so happy for you! I came up to the Top Deck during the 8th but you weren't there, I figure the Dodgers gave you good seats for this game?
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Gary!
    thank you so much! Sorry I did not get your voice mail until very late! Lorena and I already had tickets in the field level that day.
    I had a wonderful week. First I get to the stadium on Monday and there is an article written about me in the current Dodger magazine. I posted the entire article in my blog at http://crzblue.mlblogs.com. This Dodger magazine was a tribute to Dodger fans. The cover shows season ticket holders that have had the tickets for 30 or more years. The Dodgers were interviewing fans for this magazine. At the last homestand, Jorge Martin stopped me and asked me if he could interview me. I think he stopped me 'cause I was wearing a Javy Guerra batting practice jersey. They have game used jerseys in the club level, so when I saw it in the club level, I had went ahead and bought it. Javy is favorite of mine (along with Kershaw, Kemp, Loney, Ethier..)
    This season just before the game starts, someone on the field gets to say "Is Time for Dodger Baseball" Which as you know is how Vin Scully starts the game. Celebrities, long time Dodger players, heroes and other special people have had the opportunity to say it.

While at the game watching BP on Wednesday, the Dodgers tweeted that the first person to go to the club level by Vin Scully press box would get to say the words "Is Time For Dodger Baseball" on the field. A friend saw the tweet first but he said, there is probably already 20 people there. When I saw he was not going, I told him "Well, if you are not going, I'll go check" I rushed up the escalator -No, I did not trip over anyone but I did tell this older man if I could get by him as I was in a rush.

When I got there, I asked the guy if someone had already shown up (thinking he was going to tell me yes). He said "No, you are the first one". I put up my first and yelled "YES!" "WOOHOO!!"
    It was a big thrill to me to be on the field doing that! Jon SoHoo tagged me on FB on two pictures. Here are the pics: :-)

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...69483768_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...67782243_n.jpg
    It was a very good week for me that has me still smiling about it!

Comment

Ahhhhh that's so cool! I love it when good things happen to good people.

Javy is really cool, I was sitting next to the bullpen the other day, he was signing autographs for everyone right up until the first pitch.

I got tickets for today's game, FD 34, but I'll come up to hang out with you around the 8th inning or so. You can tell me about NY!
      No one can make you
      Do what they want to
      You know you're stronger
      Than the lies
      That they tell you

Comment

Gary,
        Javy and the bullpen crew do that every night. Other years they did not do that only an occasional guy would sign. Is a lot of fun being there prior to the game and how hey high five, bump each other before the game starts. We hang there prior to the game so maybe I"ll see you there. before that you can find me in field level aisle 13 row A. We make it to the Top Deck in the first.
        Good luck on the Fan Appreciation giveaways.
        Emma
        http://crzblue.mlblogs.com

Comment

In your own words Emma, "YES!" "WOOHOO!!"
          Way to go young lady - you are a true Blue!!
          "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

I am late here but thank you so much DownUnderDodger! It was a great week for me. I ended up the season by going to San Diego and watching Kershaw get his 21st win and I got to see our many rookies in their hazing outfits. I particularly liked Javy Guerra dressed as a taco and Dee as Gumby. I think it was Mitchell that was dressed as a can-can girl. Did you see the pictures?

Comment

I have not seen anything on the hazy day of hazing!
              "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Originally posted by crzblue View Post
                I am late here but thank you so much DownUnderDodger! It was a great week for me. I ended up the season by going to San Diego and watching Kershaw get his 21st win and I got to see our many rookies in their hazing outfits. I particularly liked Javy Guerra dressed as a taco and Dee as Gumby. I think it was Mitchell that was dressed as a can-can girl. Did you see the pictures?
                Is there any chance you could become a Marlins fan? As you probably know, we need fans like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                  Is there any chance you could become a Marlins fan? As you probably know, we need fans like you.
                  Richard, I know two female Marlin fans. One lives in the Miami area and the other one moved here to the LA Area. She roots for the Dodgers but her first love are the Marlins. She will be going back to Miami on Opening Day to see the new Stadium. I will actually be traveling with her, not to Florida but to Arizona next week to the AFL SABR conference. Funny that we both have season tickets at Dodger Stadium in the same section and both of us are SABR members.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X