Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodger Bloggers Softball Tournament Saturday 02/11/2012 West Covina, CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodger Bloggers Softball Tournament Saturday 02/11/2012 West Covina, CA.

This Saturday is the Dodger Bloggers Softball tournament. It will benefit the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank which is one of the places that the Dodger Caravan stopped by on their two days of Caravan Community work. I was one of the season ticket holders that got invited to volunteer. Some pictures here http://crzblue.mlblogs.com.

HEre is the info from the Left Field Pavilion blog for the Softball tournament: :
    When – Saturday February 11th 2012

Where - Big League Dreams in West Covina

Time – Gates open at 7AM First games start at 8AM Championship game starts around 5:30 PM

Benefits LA Regional Food bank

Admission to the park is $3.00 with a token for a soda or drink

Participating Blogs
    The Left Field Pavilion
    Vin Scully is my homeboy
    Dodger Thoughts
    True Blue LA
    Sons of Steve Garvey
    Fansmanship.com
    Mike Scioscia’s tragic illness
    Opinion of Kingmans performance
    Save the Dodgers
    Dodger Bobble
    Dodger Diaries

So come on out and support your favorite blog. I’m asking that all players and fans bring along a box or bag of food to donate to the LA regional food bank.
    Below is a list of the items that are most needed.
    Canned Goods
    Beef Stew
    Ravioli
    Cannelloni
    Canned Tuna
    Peanut Butter
    Yams
    Canned Chicken
    Canned Beef
    Assorted Canned Fruits
    Assorted Canned Vegetables

Packaged Items
    Hot Cereal (Grits, Oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal, etc.)
    Mashed Potatoes
    Stuffing Mix
    Powdered Eggs

Drinks
    Coffee
    Juices in aseptic (non-breakable) containers
    Ensure (or other Supplemental drinks)
    Baby Formula

Personal Products
    Bar and Liquid Soap
    Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
    Laundry Detergent
    Shaving Supplies
    Feminine Hygiene Products
    Deodorant and Perfume
    Toilet and/or Facial Tissue
    Assorted Cosmetics

They will also accept gift cards for grocery stores and fuel cards. Just mark the value on the card.

Thanks everyone and I hope to see you there!

I am part of the team Opinion of Kingman's performance. If you can, come out and support a worthy cause. I am a lousy player but I am looking forward to participating.

http://www.thelfp.com/blog/2012/02/d...ll-tournament/

I had a great time at the tournament. It was great seeing Chinese Democracy (Gary) playing for one of the teams. He played for the Left Field Paivlion team One (They had two teams). We beat them 11-1 thanks to the many walks!. I was so sore the following day. I shared the catching with another lady and we played three games. The Left Field Pavilion team #2 took the trophy beating second place team Dodger Diaries. Pictures in my blog http://crzblue.mlblogs.com

The Big League Dreams Sports Park is a great place to host a softball tournament or a party. The one in West Covina has replica fields of Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium, Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium (new one), Tiger Field and Wrigley Field. The scoreboard has the scoreboard of a memorable game. Dodger Stadium has Game one of the 1988 World Series with Kirk Gibson at bat, 3 balls, 2 strikes, 2 outs.

I was told that the Big League Dreams in Chino Hills, Ca has a replica of Ebbets Field. Can't wait to see it. Here is the link to the Big League Dreams http://www.bigleaguedreams.com/ I never knew this place existed before.

Comment

Forgot to say that Josh Macciello was also playing. He was in full Dodger uniform. Josh is one of the prospective Dodger bidders but he was eliminated. He said he is not giving up. He said he is willing to pay 2.2 Billion, all cash but for "the whole enchilada" the franchise, the stadium and the land that surrounds it. Macciello made a $5,000 donation to the cause of the Dodger Bloggers tournament, the Los Angeles Regional Food bank.
      Last edited by crzblue; 02-15-2012, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X