Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DownUnderDodger
    replied
    Commish, the Commentator's Curse exists in all sports. I have been guilty a number of times when commentating surf boat races in calling the winner only to have them wiped out by a wave. I know commentators do not have preternatural ability to decide the outcome of any event but our calls have often been way premature .

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Green View Post
    Granting that the Dodgers have that wacky history, from that moment, I decided no lead was safe until the other team left the stadium.
    That's the curse of the nature of baseball. I doubt Vin has any preternatural ability to decide the outcome of ballgames. Only Bud Selig and Marv Throneberry ever possessed that power.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Green
    replied
    Down Under, as much as I love The Vin, I know what you mean. About 20 years ago, the Dodgers led the Phillies 11-2 going into the 9th and a combination of bad play and Lasorda's usual brilliant managing (yes, I'm being sarcastic) led to a 12-11 defeat. Granting that the Dodgers have that wacky history, from that moment, I decided no lead was safe until the other team left the stadium.

Leave a comment:

• DownUnderDodger
    started a topic Commentator's Curse

Commentator's Curse

I thought Vin was going to do it again tonight. At least 3 times last year he commented that the Dodgers had a "comfortable lead" only to see them lose. Tonight at 5-1 starting 8th inning he said it again. As soon as the Pads came up in the bottom they scored 2 runs, and I began to panic. At least the Commentator's Curse did not happen tonight. No more Vin LOL
    Good win Blues.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X