No announcement yet.

Yasiel Puig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another big night tonight with 3 hits. He sure hits well when the count is 1-0 too. I was hoping the Dodgers would bring in League tonight instead of Jansen so I could see another Puig atbat.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

He is a powerhouse and real asset to the team but he still has some learning, in both defense and offense. He needs to improve his base running especially after thinking he hit a HR last night and strolled to first, only to be held there. It will all come with experience and coaching. I hope his enthusiasm is infectious.
      "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
        He is a powerhouse and real asset to the team but he still has some learning, in both defense and offense. He needs to improve his base running especially after thinking he hit a HR last night and strolled to first, only to be held there. It will all come with experience and coaching. I hope his enthusiasm is infectious.
        IMO, he also needs to calm down a bit. That wall-crash on a ball that couldn't be retrieved needs to be hauled in. It's not just him - I've said this about Harper and Trout as well. This games best benifits come from players who are in the lineup every day.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
          IMO, he also needs to calm down a bit. That wall-crash on a ball that couldn't be retrieved needs to be hauled in. It's not just him - I've said this about Harper and Trout as well. This games best benifits come from players who are in the lineup every day.
          I gotta give it to Trout, Harper, and Puig... This new generation of ballplayers that play hard is awesome to see. Sure they are big investments, but it reminds me of the good ole days when I wasn't alive.
          Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

2 stolen bases today with 3 more hits. This guy is unreal.
            "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
              2 stolen bases today with 3 more hits. This guy is unreal.
              Make that 4 hits. As great as he's been, his teammate Hanley Ramirez was actually hitting better (OPS+) than him before today.

Comment

It would have been sensational to see him hit for the cycle, but be was a little impatient in that final at bat.
                "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                  Make that 4 hits. As great as he's been, his teammate Hanley Ramirez was actually hitting better (OPS+) than him before today.
                  3 of the hits were pretty BABIPy

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id...409&topic_id=0

Comment

Originally posted by filihok View Post
                    IMO at least 2 of them were erors or at least Close to Errors. a good 3B man could have gotten to them. the last one was a rocket but one was a Pop up and two rolled over grounders. but they are still hits of course and he has hit plenty balls really hard this season.
                    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Senor Puig seems like a nice chap to boot.

I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                      - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
                        It would have been sensational to see him hit for the cycle, but be was a little impatient in that final at bat.
                        He almost hit for the cycle again yesterday. In fact I think he was trying for that triple in his last AB a bit too hard.
                        I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                        - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
                          Emma's pretty awesome, huh?

Here's my prediction: The Dodgers re-sign Victorino, but trade him before the 2014 trade deadline when Puig is ready for prime-time. I see him in AA-AAA for most of 2013 before being called up to the big club mid-'13 to get fully seasoned. By 2014 he should be ready to be the every-day CFer (move Kemp to LF).

I will be back to gloat how great a prognosticator I am at that time.
                          So have you gloated? :applaud: Puig is unreal!

Hi everybody!
                          -Emma

Comment

The Unreal Beginning of Yasiel Puig's Career continues.

He turns a single and groundout into a double and run scored by refusing to stop running.

Comment

Bruised thigh, hopefully it's a precaution. Yet the Dodgers trainers will probably keep him out 2 or 3 weeks.

Comment

Went to the game Tuesday night at Coors. Puig's HR was a MONSTER! Television cannot do that shot justice. My buddy could only say Holy Sh*t about 4 times!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X