Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Rumors

Following is one of the trade rumors that may involve the Dodgers:
    The No. 1 prospect in the Los Angeles Dodgers organization according to Jonathan Mayo, Zach Lee received a $5.25 million signing bonus when he was drafted in the first round in 2010.
    The 20-year-old former LSU football recruit put up solid numbers in the hitter-friendly California League where he struck out 52 batters and walked just 10 in 55.1 innings. He recently earned a promotion to Double-A Chattanooga and allowed just one run in his debut.
    The Dodgers offense has been absolutely horrendous without Matt Kemp as they were shutout five times in a six game span between June 25-30.
    While the Carlos Lee deal fell through, a potential deal for Houston Astros teammate Jed Lowrie was tweeted by Buster Olney with Zach Lee as a part of it.
    If the Dodgers plan on acquiring an impact bat to help their anemic lineup, they can bet that teams will be asking about top prospect Zach Lee in return.

The following also suggests the possibility:
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/jed_lowrie/
    However it seems the Pirates are favorites to get him, and the Red Sox are apparently also in the mix. A shortstop who can play 2nd or 3rd base and has scored more HR's than any active Dodger plus he is only 28, would be good for the Dodgers.
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

I believe Lowrie to replace Chubby at 3rd would be wonderful. Garrett Gould is another pitching prospect mentioned on mlbtraderumors.com that might be dealt. I would be upset for the Dodgers to deal away Lee, but at this point, if the team is going to have a strong second half, what needs to be done, needs to be done!

On a related note, I cannot wait to see Loney go bye-bye. My patience with him is up. He's just not going to produce the way any MLB team needs a 1B to, IMO. Maybe he would thrive in Japan?
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

I hear that the D'Backs are serious about listening to offers for Justin Upton. While Ethier when fit is #1 RF Upton maybe a good back up??

The Diamondbacks could consider offers for Willie Bloomquist once John McDonald returns from the disabled list. Bloomquist, 34, has a .294/.324/.393 batting line and earns $1.9MM per season for 2012 and 2013. Now that Stephen Drew is back, Bloomquist is on the bench. His age would make him a short term prospect if the Dodgers were interested but being able to play SS, OF & 3B could make him a good utility and maybe get rid of under performing Uribe!

Any other rumors/prospects out there who might be able to lift the slumping Blues?

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Dodgers Eyeing Aramis, Headley
        By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 12 at 2:40pm CST]

The Dodgers have identified Aramis Ramirez as a potential trade target in case the Brewers decide to trade veteran players this summer, Yahoo's Tim Brown reports (on Twitter). However, the Dodgers prefer Chase Headley of the Padres.

Ramirez signed a three-year, $36MM contract with Milwaukee last offseason. The 34-year-old has ten home runs and a .272/.346/.475 batting line through 338 plate appearances so far in 2012. The 40-45 Brewers aim to establish themselves as contenders after the All-Star beak, when they play the Pirates, Cardinals and Reds.

Headley, 28, has a .267/.368/.413 batting line in 370 plate appearances for the Padres. He earns $3.48MM this year and will remain under team control through 2014. The 34-53 Padres figure to be sellers this summer, though they may hesitate to deal within the NL West.

Los Angeles has a clear need at the hot corner; Dodgers third basemen rank 26th in MLB with a combined .631 OPS. Manager Don Mattingly was relying on a combination of Jerry Hairston Jr., Juan Uribe, Adam Kennedy and Luis Cruz at the position leading up to the All-Star break.

Luis Cruz is doing ok as Dee Gordon's replacement but I would not be sad to see Uribe and Kennedy go. Hairston may be worth hanging onto for now in the roster. Headley is the younger of the two but is not exactly a run machine.
        Last edited by DownUnderDodger; 07-12-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Getting rid of Uribe would be lovely. Ken Gurnick's mlb.com report said getting a starting pitcher also might lead to Billingsley going to the bullpen, where I hope he could learn to concentrate.

Ned Colletti talks in the article about finally having an ownership with the "wherewithal" to compete. I don't think Ned has been an awful general manager, but I'm trying to remember who signed Jason Schmidt and Juan Uribe to huge free agent contracts when the previous ownership seemed to have the "wherewithal."

Comment

Well, Hanley Ramirez is not a rumor but a confirmed deal, but will his numbers add up? He is on a little slide, as was Uribe when Coletti bought him, so hopefully he will produce for the Dodgers. Choate for Iovaldi maybe a good move, especially if Ted Lily can come back well, and also if some of the pitching rumors do eventuate. We're looking to acquire a starting pitcher with names such as Zack Grenkie, Josh Johnson, James Shields, Ryan Dempster and Matt Garza being bandied around. And there are apparently talks with Philly about the possibly of getting Shane Victorino or Hunter Pence to play left. Some of the deadwood may be on the outer.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X