Letter From Stan Kasten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter From Stan Kasten

Following is a link to a letter from Stan Kasten as printed on the Dodgers website!

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la...1684-316743660

From a winning team perspective, the following sounds good, but they need someone who hires and fires to be aggressive in hiring younger players, not all the twighlighters they have been buying lately.
    We have moved forward with a more aggressive strategy in scouting and signing international players, a hallmark trait of this organization, to strengthen our player development system. This strategy has already paid dividends in the recent signing of Cuban outfielder Yasiel Puig and others.

-- Most importantly, as demonstrated by the recent signing of Andre Ethier to a five-year contract extension that will keep him a Dodger playing alongside Matt Kemp through at least 2017, the signing of the aforementioned Puig and the signing of Corey Seager, our No. 1 draft choice, we have the resources to assure the Dodgers are contenders year in and year out.

Thoughts from any Dodgers fans out there?
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

I have met Stan Kasten at the stadium and talked to him a few times. There was also an invitation to all season ticket holders for a workout prior to the start of the second half. I think that he along with the other managers are moving into the right direction. There is already some changes that have taken place and others that they are addressing. He always has time to stop and listen too what fans have to say. He was on twitter for a Dodger chat. I will be sending him more suggestions than what I included in a letter sent to season ticket holders.

Comment

Even if Kasten ignores every suggestion the fans make, what he is doing is as smart a thing as a team chief executive can do: make the fans think they have a voice. Somewhere, Bill Veeck is smiling. Now, the O'Malleys never did this sort of thing, so far as I recall, but they didn't have to! Kasten is wisely trying to build goodwill after the morons who preceded him.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X