Big paper paid simply to ATTEMPT to sign Ryu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big paper paid simply to ATTEMPT to sign Ryu

I realize they're from different ethnic backgrounds, but good gravy the kid resembles Fernando. He is a SEVEN time All Star at age 25, although that needs to be taken with a grain of salt: The Korean league ain't exactly MLB. It's not even NPB quality. At any rate, here's the scoop:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...a-ryu-hyun-jin
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

I didn't realize he is repped by Boras. Too late to run away, though, as the check has probably been long since cashed by Hanwha.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Comment

Seems Boras has his finger in many pies. If the Dodgers don't sign him they will get their money back I believe.
      Maybe the Hispanic countries should institute a similar deal whereby a fee is charged to have contract discussions with their players. It would boost their economy a little. :flow::o
      Last edited by DownUnderDodger; 11-13-2012, 12:13 PM.
      "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

If the team doesn't sign Ryu, the posting fee is returned. I, for one, hope Ryu is signed. I believe he can be a consistent winner in MLB. Maybe a 13-15 win per year pitcher for several years to come. Think a younger, LH Kuroda.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X