No announcement yet.

2013 Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marlins have one player on their roster guaranteed money next year for a total of $1.5M. They have one player with a $1M option and the rest are either arb or pre-arb players.

Great move for the Dodgers. Nolasco should be solid. Not much to give up, but they were willing to swallow the entire $5M+ remaining. Only Sanchez looks to be of much and even he's on his second turn thru A+, so it still remains to be seen if he becomes anything at all.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by filihok View Post
      STEAMER and ZiPS project:

Nolasco for 86 innings, 4.16 ERA, 3.70 FIP and 1.15 WAR for the rest of the season

And for the two guys he's likely to replace:

Capuano - 67 innings, 4.01 ERA, 3.92 FIP and 0.5 WAR (0.6 WAR per 86 innings)
      Fife - 41 innigns, 4.65 ERA, 4.56 FIP and .05 WAR (.1 WAR per 86 innings)

This is about a one win upgrade for the Dodgers...

...which is why I'm worried about what Ned give up.

It does make it that much less likely that Ted Lilly will appear in another game for LA.
      49 innings, 4.18 ERA, 4.48 FIP, .1 WAR (.3 per 86 innings).
      Is Lilly still in LA or is he down with your 'Topes? I forgot he was even still around at all. Would he go somewhere else? I doubt anyone would trade for him, right?
      "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
        Is Lilly still in LA or is he down with your 'Topes? I forgot he was even still around at all. Would he go somewhere else? I doubt anyone would trade for him, right?
        He's on rehab I believe.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Lilly got roughed up the other day for 5 runs in the minors.
          "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

first pitch by Nolasco as a Dodger results in an out.

Comment

2nd hitter K's

Best trade ever

Comment

2nd hitter K's

Best trade ever
                RBI single in his first at bat

Comment

6-0 Bums and Nolasco pitching a 2-hit shutout.

Déjà vu.
                  I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                  - Walt Whitman

Comment

The Yankees are 'reportedly shopping' Phil Hughes

The more I look into it, the more I'm intrigued by Hughes

I've taken the following rate states for Hughes and divided them by the AL Starter average to get Hughes' rate compared to the league

For example:
                    Hughes K's 19.4% hit batters.
                    The average AL starters K's 18.2% of batters
                    19.4/18.2 = 1.07.
                    Hughes K's 7% more batters than the average AL starter

K% = 107, BB% = 84, LD%=100, GB% = 67, FB%=143, HR/FB=84, FIP=101, xFIP=107, SIERA=101

Hughes' biggest weakness is in giving up home runs.

Granted, that's a big weakness.

BUT

Hughes' rate of home runs per fly ball is below the league average. The reason he gives up so many home runs is because he gives up 43% more flyballs than the average AL starter.

Per StatCorner, there are 46% more home runs hit by left-handed batters in Yankee Stadium than in a neutral park.

That number's a lot lower in Dodger Stadium where there's "only" 19% more left-handed home runs than in a neutral park. That's a lot higher than I thought, but it'd still be a lot less home runs allowed by Hughes.
                    Here's all of Hughes' fly balls and home runs in Yankee stadium overlayed on Dodgers Stadium

Hughes.jpg
                    *http://katron.org/projects/baseball/hit-location/

These locations aren't exact and it doesn't account for changes in wind patterns, atmospheric pressure, etc.

But you can see that some of the HR's that Hughes has given up in Yankee Stadium would have been fly outs or near fly outs in Dodger Stadium.

I still think the Yankees will ask too much, but Hughes might be successful pitching in LA

Comment

Been all or nothing for Capuano lately, glad that tonight was an 'all' game

6.3 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 8 K's
                      4.7 innings, 7 hits, 6 runs, 1 walk, 3 K's
                      3.7 innings, 10 hits, 7 runs, 1 walk, 4 K's
                      5.0 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 5 K's
                      6.0 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 4 K's

His name also anagrams to Anarchic Opus

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X