No announcement yet.

2013 Dodgers Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Kemp is out of the game. Hopefully this is a precautionary measure but it's not looking good since he reached for his surgically repaired left shoulder.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by filihok View Post
      OF looks like it's going to get crowded today.

Crawford should be coming back.
      It'll be interesting to see who's sent to AAA (Van Slyke?) and how Mattingly shuffles the starters.
      But not too crowded for the Chili Buss to jump in there a couple games! Kidding. I am still laughing at your Stubby Clapp story! And for those who don't know Stubby, this has nothing to do with VD, but is a pretty funny story filihok put in the minor league thread!

The connection between Stubby Clapp, Razor Shines, and Chili Buss only lives in my head...
      "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

I admit, I was anti-Brandon League when the team picked him up. But lately he is accepting his role and pitching with confidence. It's great for the team to have a guy to go to (along with Bellisario and Paco) when the game is tied or the Dodgers are trying to come back from a few runs down. And a GREAT effort from Capuano. It's gonna take a solid effort from the role players too, to keep the momentum rolling.
        "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Welcome to L.A., B. Weezy!
          "There's no crying in Baseball!"
          -...unless your son throws a no-no for the Giants!

Comment

Hope he's willing to be Kenley Jansen's B****.
            I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
            - Walt Whitman

Comment

I haven't seen any recent pics. I wonder if he still has the huge beard?
              "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

This team has now proven in its losses to the Red Sox and Reds that it has a lot to do to be a contender in the playoffs. Both those series were against top class, playoff opposition and they managed one of 6 in close games. Lots of fingers are being pointed to the pitching, singling out certain pitchers, and when the team can't win with our two best pitchers on the mound it outwardly looks that way, but the offense is the real problem and the area that needs lots of work. They simply cannot score runs.
                The players have the ability but they simply cannot put it together in close games against top class opposition.
                Lots of work to be done in the next few weeks if this team is to be a serious contender. As good as they have been playing up until this month, they need a reality check, especially now they are back to playing teams in the weak NLW division and won't meet any decent opposition until the playoffs!
                "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

So is this the real Uribe, or the one of the last two years?

And does he really have a legitimate shot at a Gold Glove? I'd love to see that.
                  Found in a fortune cookie On Thursday, August 18th, 2005: "Hard words break no bones, Kind words butter no parsnips."

1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

Comment

Congratulations on a great season Dodger fans! This team will be around for a while, I think, and they have my support to win another title! Great team, great fans, great season!
                    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

• An incredible season, a roller-coaster, in so many ways.

And the best part of it: listening to The Vin describe it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X