2013 Dodgers Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Dodgers Regular Season Thread

Your friendly, neighborhood forum for discussing the Dodgers 2013 season.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Disappointing again, tough to lose to those jokers. Lets get hot Kemp!
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Great start by Greinke last night!!! Hopefully that elbow nonsense is a thing of the past! Now with the other ace going against the poor Pirates, looks good for Donnie's boys! Glad to see Kemp finally get that first hit, and A-Gone with his first RBI!

Comment

Troy Renck‏@TroyRenck
        #Rockies have agreed to trade catcher Ramon Hernandez to the Dodgers for salary relief. Deal will be announced soon.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
          Troy Renck‏@TroyRenck
          #Rockies have agreed to trade catcher Ramon Hernandez to the Dodgers for salary relief. Deal will be announced soon.
          Can't figure this one out.

Ellis is entrenched as the starter.

The team seemed to like Frederowicz as the back-up.

We've got Jesus Flores in AAA.

Not sure that Hernandez is any better than any of those guys

ZiPS projects:
          Ellis: .358/.345 (OBP/SLG) and 1.8 WAR in 383 PAs
          Fed-X: .297/.342 and 1.7 WAR in 515 PAs
          Flores: .264/.355 and 0.2 WAR in 261 PAs
          Hernandez: .307/.407 and 0.8 WAR in 234 PAs

Hmm....I'm a bit surprised that Hernandez' projection is so rosy. But, I shouldn't be. He had a good 2010 and 2011 but was terrible last year.

He might be a better option than Flores. Not sure if he can be sent to the minor or if this will send Fed-X to the minors.

EDIT:
          Traded for Aaron Harang

Plus the Dodgers will give the Rockies money

Not impressed

EDIT:
          https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...15058088550400
          #Rockies indeed getting #Dodgers’ Harang for R. Hernandez, as reported by @JonHeymanCBS - but source says Rox do NOT plan to keep Harang.
          Preparing to smack my head when I see what the Rockies get for Harang.

[assuming I'll prefer that player to Hernandez]
          Last edited by filihok; 04-06-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah. I just saw that update. I would think the Dodgers could get something better for Harang - maybe even the BoSox would be interested with Lackey being pulled. Acquiring a 36 or 37 year old catcher when you have depth there already? I would have thought Frederowicz would be fine going once a week. But I guess with all the cash invested into the team, the thinking there is the security of having a veteran.
            "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

https://twitter.com/Rockies/status/320624108847120384

Following his acquisition, the #Rockies have designated Aaron Harang for assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                Yeah. I just saw that update. I would think the Dodgers could get something better for Harang - maybe even the BoSox would be interested with Lackey being pulled. Acquiring a 36 or 37 year old catcher when you have depth there already? I would have thought Frederowicz would be fine going once a week. But I guess with all the cash invested into the team, the thinking there is the security of having a veteran.
                Kinda crazy. I was listening to the great Vin Scully talk about it during yesterday's game. He seems to think that Federowicz will be sent down soon to keep getting ABs. Not sure what is going on with the logic behind this, or why. Oh well, they still pulled off another W vs the Pirates, with Ryu looking good again!

Comment

Freakin' Madres. Greinke out for 2 weeks to 3 months?!!? Are you kidding me? Carlos Quentin - IDIOT. Great quote from Kemp, who apparently almost beat Quentin's @$$ in the tunnel after the game: "I hear he went to Stanford," Kemp said of Quentin. "People with good baseball IQs, with a one-run lead in the sixth inning and a 3-2 pitch. I've heard smart people go to Stanford, but that wasn't too smart." Quentin said he charged the mound because he felt Greinke threw at his head. Ridiculous. Madres organization is a joke and always will be IMO.

I'm officially PO'd.
                  "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Dear Mr. Mod: Any way this thread can be combined with the original 2013 thread that is a sticky? Doesn't make much sense to have two.
                    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X