Fire Sale Has Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Sale Has Started

ESPN.com Peter Gammons has reported the Red Sox traded prospects Hanley Ramierez and Anibal Sanchez to the Marlins for Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell, thank god Becketts out of the NL East.
    14 37 41
    Hodges Stengel Seaver
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do, I stare out the window and wait for spring." - Rogers Hornsby

If it does go through (still money issues and players must pass physicals), this doesn't seem all that bad for the Marlins. They lose an underproducing, overpaid third-baseman and a DL-proned starting pitcher and get a future all-star SS and a better than decent starter.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Joe Giardi must be thrilled with the recent series of events. h

Comment

This is Marlins clearance sale is good. Nationals are almost guaranteed to not be in last in the division this season.
        The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
        Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Originally posted by KingJ
          This is Marlins clearance sale is good. Nationals are almost guaranteed to not be in last in the division this season.
          You really think they're gonna dump Cabrera, Willis, Castillo, Pierre, etc?
          "Hall of Famer Whitey Ford now on the field... pleading with the crowd for, for some kind of sanity!"

Comment

Exactly KingJ. The Marlins will never again win!!
            I went to a Marlins-Nats game, this July. The Marlins won 4-3.
            Your owner is trying to attract the fans, he's desperate, he gives away at least 6 things in the game and gives 20% off certain coupons.

THE FISH WILL BE FRIED!

THIS IS WHAT YOU DESERVE JEFFREY LORIA!
            Last edited by Captain Cold Nose; 11-22-2005, 08:44 AM.
            Cristobal

Comment

While your dislike of Loria is understood, wilkerson, insults, towards Fever members or otherwise, aren't really permitted on this site.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                While your dislike of Loria is understood, wilkerson, insults, towards Fever members or otherwise, aren't really permitted on this site.
                I did not insult any members. I am agreeing to what a member said. I didn't insult anyone but Loria and Selig, nor did I use vulgar language.
                Cristobal

Comment

KingJ, I thought you had more faith in the Nats than that!
                  Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                    I did not insult any members. I am agreeing to what a member said. I didn't insult anyone but Loria and Selig, nor did I use vulgar language.
                    Members or otherwise means everybody. And there are those who would say the word you referred to Loria as is vulgar. It is certainly beneath what we're trying to do here.
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Are you serious, you think that desperate and the FISH ARE FRIED is an insult?
                      It's just my opinion

I didn't mean it in offense to anyone.

At least you guys have a team.
                      Last edited by wilkerson_rulz-06; 11-22-2005, 10:12 AM.
                      Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                        Are you serious, you think that desperate and the FISH ARE FRIED is an insult?
                        It's just my opinion

I didn't mean it in offense to anyone.

At least you guys have a team.
                        Not that, what you referred to Loria as. I removed that.
                        Nobody likes Loria. Believe me. That's all you have to say.
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

This is one of those deals that could blow up in either teams face. For the Fish this move coupled with the Burnett thing frees up tons of cash to do good things. They also pick up one hot prospect and another decent one. If either of theprospects pans out and the team uses its money wisely this could be the start of something very good. Of course, if they prospects turn out to be suspects and the cash is stashed it will get ugly.
                          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I don't think trading Beckett and Lowell is a fire sale. Lowell was making a ton of money and wasn't producing. Marlins had no choice and had to move Beckett after what happened last season. They picked up a stud shortstop prospect and a good pitching prospect. They could have done worse.
                            "For who? For what?" - Ricky Watters

Comment

Heh. Right after I posted that it was just reported that the Marlins traded Carlos Delgado. Maybe it is a fire sale. Either way the Marlins picked up two more prospects and are trying to put themselves in good position for the future.
                              "For who? For what?" - Ricky Watters

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X