It's been so cold recently.
    Yes, Marlins to the end! (ya right)
    26.09%
    Nope, got better things to do
    34.78%
    Other answer
    39.13%
    Cristobal

I hate to say it, but I don't really care about those Marlins. They practically traded their entire lineup.
    GOT ALBERT?
    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Because if the Organization & City doesn't care about the Team...then why should the fans.
      The Organization just had a fire sale and the city won't give the team a home to play in.

The Marlins are my favorite NL team.
      But I just cannot take another Rebuilding period.
      The team that the Marlins would have fielded this year would have been a contender. I mean this team just recently won it's 2nd World Series.

Jeff Loria is a cancer and MLB should strip him of his team and no longer offer a team to any group which he's a part of.
      "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Isn't MLB the same ones whom control the Nats..The same Nats with a
        restricted payroll, no stadium deal, and for 3 years a prospective set of
        buyers?? And you want these people to ban Loria???

lolol
        North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

maybe its the fact, that there is only room for one team in the state of Florida, The D-Rays or Rays ....(future tarpons) lol jkin
          Riding Revel8

Comment

Perhaps once you get passed spring training, Florida forgets about baseball..Of course, decent ownership migh be a factor too!!

Amazin...Simply Amazin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tyberesk
              maybe its the fact, that there is only room for one team in the state of Florida, The D-Rays or Rays ....(future tarpons) lol jkin
              Two years ago, my brother in law went to Florida (Miami) on vacation. I asked him to get me a TB Devil Rays cap or a Marlins cap. He couldn't find any. It was during Spring Training, so you can't say that is had something to do with the off season.

The stores were filled with Dolphins mercandise, but no baseball merchandise.

When I look to this board and to yours, and when I think of the story of my brother in law, I can only come to one conclusion: Baseball just is not popular in Florida. Too bad.
              Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 02-24-2006, 05:19 PM.

Comment

You Mean there Really is a baseball team in Florida

I had a similar experience in Tampa Bay no less...A ton of
                Buccaneer and Lightning stuff but literally no D'Ray gear...Makes ya
                wonder....

h

Originally posted by yankees rule
                Two years ago, my brother in law went to Florida (Miami) on vacation. I asked him to get me a TB Devil Rays cap or a Marlins cap. He couldn't find any. It was during Spring Training, so you can't say that is had something to do with the off season.

When I look to this board and to yours, and when I think of the story of my brother in law, I can only come to one conclusion: Baseball just is not popular in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy
                  I had a similar experience in Tampa Bay no less...A ton of
                  Buccaneer and Lightning stuff but literally no D'Ray gear...Makes ya
                  wonder....

h
                  When you had the same exerience, I think that my conclusion may be right.

Comment

With the way things seem to be going, this forum will soon be moved to the 'Teams of YesterYear'.

I hope that doesn't happen because no fans deserve to lose a team. But with Loria at the helm and Selig in his usual daze, I just don't see things working out in FLA. Hope for the fans sake I'm wrong.
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
                      With the way things seem to be going, this forum will soon be moved to the 'Teams of YesterYear'.

I hope that doesn't happen because no fans deserve to lose a team. But with Loria at the helm and Selig in his usual daze, I just don't see things working out in FLA. Hope for the fans sake I'm wrong.
                      No fan deserves to lose their team...However, one has to wonder...Teams
                      charge outrageous prices for everything from tickets to hot dogs to jerseys
                      ($150 for an authentic jersey?:grouchy ), players charge for autographs,
                      then go where they get more money. Teams then demand fans build them
                      stadiums...Baseball is in a sad state...

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule

When I look to this board and to yours, and when I think of the story of my brother in law, I can only come to one conclusion: Baseball just is not popular in Florida. Too bad.
                        Baseball isn't unpopular in Florida. The problem the Marlins and Devil Rays have is that they play in a state that has baseball fans who already have allegiances to teams up north. Considering outside of the Marlins two championship seasons, both have been horrendously bad for the majority of their team histories. Why are Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Cardinals, Cubs, etc. fans going to root for two teams that play bad baseball and/or they didn't grow up around. Go to the different spring training locales and at most of them you will see plenty of baseball fans wearing merchandise of whatever team happens to train there.

Comment

Point well taken about the franchises themselves...Give the fans a winner and they will come!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy
                            Point well taken about the franchises themselves...Give the fans a winner and they will come!!!!
                            So 2 Championships in 9 years doesn't mean that franchise is in good shape?
                            I know some teams that have NONE or just ONE in the last 80 years.

This team was still a good contender IF they hadn't traded any pieces and kept the same team it had.
                            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

True...but has the franchise which has only one dismember itself the next year??? 2 WC and 2 dismemberments is not really condusive to keeping your fans..

:noidea

Originally posted by TonyStarks
                              So 2 Championships in 9 years doesn't mean that franchise is in good shape?
                              I know some teams that have NONE or just ONE in the last 80 years.

This team was still a good contender IF they hadn't traded any pieces and kept the same team it had.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X