Mexico City
    0.00%
    Oklahoma City
    3.23%
    Keep them in Miami, dork.
    45.16%
    Disband them, make baseball scheduling even more complex
    3.23%
    Traveling team, make them play all away games.
    3.23%

Good idea Kevin. I'd move them to Las Vegas. They could use a team there.
    Join Pigskin Fever Today and tell 'em packersfan reffered you when you register!

Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and Fourm FAQ before posting.

Comment

Like MLB, I am not going to let them move to a city that doesn't have a ready major league level facility.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Anchorage, Alaska.

Comment

I want to see a team in PR - think it would be cool. Florida will keep the team, once they get the stadium issues ironed out, but they hardly deserve it.

G Man

Comment

Hello guys I'm from philippines. I never go anywhere in other country. Hmm but my sister is in the Florida. They told me the best sport in the other country is Baseball..

Ayt?

Comment

The problem is the Marlins aren't wearing Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs uniforms. If they were, forty thousand fans would be in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                Like MLB, I am not going to let them move to a city that doesn't have a ready major league level facility.
                Well, that is pretty much nowhere since you are talking about at least 35,000 capacity - unless they put them in a football stadium, say in Carolina.
                And we know shared stadiums dont work so good for the baseball experience.
                :cap:

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal

The largest American or Canadian city not to have a MLB or NBA team. And there are a lot of cities that are way smaller that do have one. Miami for example, which is less than 1/7 Montreal's size.

It's time to right the wrong Baseball did when they robbed Montreal of the Expos. Le Stade Olympique needs a ton of maintenance, but it's still right there. Its reputation as a baseball stadium is no worse than Fenway's was back in the day: it can still be saved.

If would be ironic indeed if Jeff Loria got dragged, kicking and screaming, off to Montreal.

The Rays have won the Battle of Florida. The Miami experiment has abjectly failed, and the Marlins are now a drain on the sport. It is unlikely that they'll get their feet under them in the near future: combined with the extremely limited fan interest, the Marlins are competing not just with the Rays, but with the Braves, who dominated the FLorida market before the Marlins expanded there and still do to some extent. Let Maimi cool off a long while and then contemplate expanding there if they can get a decent stadium immediately. Otherwise, leave Florida to the centrally-located Rays, who are starting to draw some real, serious fan interest.

Meanwhile, instead of competing with 2 other nearby baseball teams for fans in Miami, the Marlins organization could go try to reclaim a currently untapped market. If they do it right and actually build a baseball team, they should do better than they're doing right now in Montreal.
                  Last edited by Imgran; 10-04-2008, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Montreal is a great idea, but it can't happen unless you line up an owner with deep pockets and get a downtown stadium project approved. I think baseball would do a lot better now with the Canadian economy and dollar vastly improved since the Expos left so they can compete for salaries without worrying about the exchange rate. Whatever they do, stay as far away from Olympic stadium as humanly possible, worst stadium on earth

Last edited by GordonGecko; 10-04-2008, 10:25 AM.

Comment

They said something similar about Fenway Park once -- in the 1960's.

Comment

Keep them in Miami, dork.
                        theres no marlins by the other cities. Marlins are in Florida only. And thats where they will stay forever. Go Marlins!

Comment

Keep them in Florida. If they moved any where else they have to rename them selves according to the state there in. :atthepc
                          FL Marlins are always ready to bring the heat!
                          "You got to bring the heat to cook the meat. If not, what will the fat lady eat after she's done singing?"
                          :radio

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X