LandShark Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LandShark Stadium?

When did the name change happen? Last time the Mets were there it was Dolphin Stadium. How many name changes is this stadium gonna go through?
    "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Here's what happened...from NFL.com (seeing as the Miami Dolphins also play there...)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Apparently, it was only renamed six days ago.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
      Here's what happened...from NFL.com (seeing as the Miami Dolphins also play there...)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Apparently, it was only renamed six days ago.
      .....And will revert back to Dolphin Stadium before the Super Bowl (Which they just had a few years ago, but whatever) in February. This stadium's names reminds me of when the New Boston Garden was known as the "Yankees Suck Center" for a few days.
      "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Comment

Originally posted by metsforever7515 View Post
        .....And will revert back to Dolphin Stadium before the Super Bowl (Which they just had a few years ago, but whatever) in February.
        Exactly.

The Marlins will never play in LandShark Stadium. It'll either be back to Dolphin Stadium, or have a new corporate name.

Comment

Those name changes help pay the bills....BTW now the Timbaktu Site is known as "Sun Life Stadium"

Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

So happy not having to drive up there any longer..(I stil do for the Hurricanes, not the Dolphins) and that place will always have the memories of 2 World Series, but it WAS the wrong place for the Marlins all along and for miserable 19 years !!!
            Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X