No announcement yet.

Rebuilding the fan base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the key is to spend the money to convert fans of other teams to the Marlins. This will take several years. The perception is that their are no baseball fans in S. Florida. There are, but they follow other teams.

Comment

I agree with you on that part except on the baseball fans. The marlins are my favorite team obviously but I live in Florida.
      FL Marlins are always ready to bring the heat!
      "You got to bring the heat to cook the meat. If not, what will the fat lady eat after she's done singing?"
      :radio

Comment

I think they will have fans if they don't sell all their good players like they did after their WS wins. They do have an exiting young team if they can keep it together the wins and fans will come.

But if they did like always and don't bring back players like hanley or stanton fans will lose interest in the team.
        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

I was exagerating about there being few fellow Marlins fans. The Marlins do well on television and radio. I am not suggesting the Marlins will become the Yanks or Red Sox regarding attendance, but if the Marlins ownership makes a commitment to win, then it will still take years to change perception of the Marlins as being cheap and generate new fans, but I still think with the new stadium the Marlins fans will return. It may take a few years though

Comment

The Fan Base is rebuilding ONE game at a time with RECORD Crowds at Marlins Park.. Something NEVER seen while playing at Timbaktu for 19 years. In one month things have DRASTICALLY changed... Miami Gardens WAS the wrong place to be at !!!!
            Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

31,000 + on Friday........31,000 + today (I was there) tomorrow Mothers Day, who knows ????

They NEVER dreamed of these crowds for 19 years...Loria must be in AWE !!!!!
              Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Miami, after 14 home games...attendance=427,030....Average 30,502
                Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

From yesterday's Miami Herald - a quarter of the way in to the 2012 season, there are plenty of unsold tickets at Marlins Park...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/2...tiles-are.html

xSUJv.St.56.jpeg
                  Last edited by Chef Bill; 05-27-2012, 07:25 AM.
                  "Chef Bill"
                  Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

I've lived in S. Florida for my entire life and Miami is a lousy sports town. It's not just the Marlins.

Comment

Richard, Chef Bill....Its NOT a Miami Problem....Its the Sunshine State problem. I have roots in the Clearwater-St Pete area and in NE Orlando..ALL of Florida has that stigma attached...Look at Jacksonville.....
                      Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Originally posted by Chef Bill View Post
                        From yesterday's Miami Herald - a quarter of the way in to the 2012 season, there are plenty of unsold tickets at Marlins Park...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/2...tiles-are.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109167[/ATTACH]
                        BUT.....a HUGE BUT......They're averaging 32,000 + per game ..... Compared to Timbaktu's 19 years... The Marlins are Campers !!!!!!

Remember, WINNERS sell out stadiums..The Miami Marlins WILL have to attain that status first and foremost...but their averages as far as public is concerned its Awesome, compared to even last year !!!!!
                        Last edited by colocolo; 05-28-2012, 05:48 AM.
                        Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Including Thursday’s take, the Marlins had an average paid attendance of 28,620 people per game in 2012 — a 67-percent increase over the same 20-game span from a year ago. But of the nine teams that have opened new stadiums in the past decade, just the Cincinnati Reds (25,708 in 2003) had a smaller average at this point of their inaugural years, according to figures provided by Baseball-Reference.com.

These numbers reflect tickets sold, not people in seats.
                          Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/2...#storylink=cpy
                          "Chef Bill"
                          Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

28,620 is WRONG !!!!!
                            Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Average 28,700 + today, but NOT counting todays game...It looks like the averages dropped last week (In the middle of a week FULL of Monsoons) ....AGAIN...this is 100% better than any year in Timbaktu (Of course NOT counting World Series).

They are HAPPIER than anyone expected it..

Make the Marlins a WINNING Team....Marlins Park is a sell out.,GUARANTEED !!!!! never before !!!! :cap:
                              Last edited by colocolo; 05-28-2012, 04:38 PM.
                              Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X