Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the new stadium going to be finished on time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done Deal...Inagurated and all happened last nite !!!!!!!

Columbus defeats Belen Jesuit at Marlins Park opener

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/0...#storylink=cpy
    Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

True, they've already had games in the stadium, but construction still isn't completely done.
      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Mr. LB ....I will post what I see the day after 2morrow..I heard the contrary...the finished stadium is just that...Finished minus the normal bugs any new building has

..Got a bunch of $20.00 tickets for $8.00 each at stubhub....Goinn sunday with a bunch of buddies, on my first trip to a Marlins game in AGES...Obviously my first trip also to the new Park..I REFUSED to go to their old Timbaktu location. Win or Lose I know I will be goinn to watch them now plenty every year !!!
        Closer...and a TRUE BEISBOL stadium !!!!
        Last edited by colocolo; 04-27-2012, 01:17 PM.
        Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Originally posted by Chimpie View Post

I wonder if they will close the roof only when it rains or when it's really hot and humid out too.
          That has happenned already, no need for rain, heat and humidity will have the roof over the place with the A/C cranking...
          This weekend is supossed to be very rainy here in S.Fla I will experience the roof sunday for the Diamondbacks game.

Remember too that the roof can be moved in the middle of a game too, any day they please..Under 10 minutes does the trick !!! :cap:
          Last edited by colocolo; 04-27-2012, 01:19 PM.
          Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

I dont care about detractors and or jealouzy...Marlins Park its just unreal..I am sure they will be picking up lots more in revenue when the naming rights are sold...I hear in circles Apple might be up to it !!!!!

Apple Park....sounds lovely :cap:
            Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Pouring cats and dogs here in SW Miami....Heading out to the Park in .45 minutes...Nice win last nite, so that the Diamondbacks can't sweep us !!!
              Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

What a piece of S T A D I UM !!!!!!!!

Marlin Park is the darling of the MLB, No Doubt... I covered it from top to bottom and around 2wice...There isnt a BAD seat in the house !!!

And.............Completely finished...the contracting people did a tremendous job !!!!
                Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

My personal contribution...Taken today by moi

Mmmmmm I thought I was an expert, never had this problem in other posting communities, but I cant post the pics from my lap top or thru photobucket, neither worksroof:

If someone knows the trick to posting pics in baseball fever, gimme a hand, and I will be more than happy to have them here. :cap:
                  Last edited by colocolo; 04-29-2012, 03:46 PM.
                  Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Sunday, April 29, 2012 . The Place ROCKS ...36,000 Fans as per the Marlins Website.

Last edited by colocolo; 04-30-2012, 05:59 AM.
                    Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Originally posted by colocolo View Post
                      I dont care about detractors and or jealouzy...Marlins Park its just unreal..I am sure they will be picking up lots more in revenue when the naming rights are sold...I hear in circles Apple might be up to it !!!!!

Apple Park....sounds lovely :cap:
                      They've sure got the bucks to do it. Or maybe Google...

"Chef Bill"
                      Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

Whom ever wants to $tep up to the plate for the naming rights, more power to them.

Marlins Park has to be the "Darling" of the MLB.
                        Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Sunday, April 29, 2012 . The Place ROCKS ...36,000 Fans as per the Marlins Website.

So that people can see them in this here pages...
                          Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

The Marlins president also blamed April's rainy weather for the difficulties with the grass, as the stadium roof was closed more than expected last month. The team may have to replace all the grass on the field before too long.

"I would say the sod had as difficult an April as the team did," Samson told the Herald. He says the team remains confident it can keep grass alive in the retractable roof stadium.

But if that fails, it seems like the team can afford to replace the sod every once in a while. Through 11 home games, the team is averaging attendance of 30,681, up 61 percent from 2011, when the team averaged attendance of 19,007. Their attendance numbers will likely improve when school gets out, as usually happens every season throughout MLB.

And unlike their deal at Sun Life Stadium, where the team split gate proceeds with the Dolphins (the stadium's owners), the Marlins get to keep all the gate at Marlins Park. They'll need the dough if the outfield grass keeps dying.
                            Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

In 2011 they averaged 19.000 fans at Timbaktu ????

That is padded up and down and from side to side !!!!

There is NO way the sum of all, divided by the home stands it could have averaged that many people..No way Jose.
                              Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

In 2011 they averaged 19.000 fans at Timbaktu ????

That is padded up and down and from side to side !!!!

There is NO way the sum of all, divided by the home stands it could have averaged that many people..No way Jose.
                                Maybe average of tickets SOLD, but that many people at that Hole with Walls that Robie built ??

Never.
                                Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X