Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the new stadium going to be finished on time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colocolo
    replied
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 . The Place ROCKS ...36,000 Fans as per the Marlins Website.

Last edited by colocolo; 04-30-2012, 06:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    My personal contribution...Taken today by moi

Mmmmmm I thought I was an expert, never had this problem in other posting communities, but I cant post the pics from my lap top or thru photobucket, neither worksroof:

If someone knows the trick to posting pics in baseball fever, gimme a hand, and I will be more than happy to have them here. :cap:
    Last edited by colocolo; 04-29-2012, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    What a piece of S T A D I UM !!!!!!!!

Marlin Park is the darling of the MLB, No Doubt... I covered it from top to bottom and around 2wice...There isnt a BAD seat in the house !!!

And.............Completely finished...the contracting people did a tremendous job !!!!

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Pouring cats and dogs here in SW Miami....Heading out to the Park in .45 minutes...Nice win last nite, so that the Diamondbacks can't sweep us !!!

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    I dont care about detractors and or jealouzy...Marlins Park its just unreal..I am sure they will be picking up lots more in revenue when the naming rights are sold...I hear in circles Apple might be up to it !!!!!

Apple Park....sounds lovely :cap:

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Chimpie View Post

I wonder if they will close the roof only when it rains or when it's really hot and humid out too.
    That has happenned already, no need for rain, heat and humidity will have the roof over the place with the A/C cranking...
    This weekend is supossed to be very rainy here in S.Fla I will experience the roof sunday for the Diamondbacks game.

Remember too that the roof can be moved in the middle of a game too, any day they please..Under 10 minutes does the trick !!! :cap:
    Last edited by colocolo; 04-27-2012, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Mr. LB ....I will post what I see the day after 2morrow..I heard the contrary...the finished stadium is just that...Finished minus the normal bugs any new building has

..Got a bunch of $20.00 tickets for $8.00 each at stubhub....Goinn sunday with a bunch of buddies, on my first trip to a Marlins game in AGES...Obviously my first trip also to the new Park..I REFUSED to go to their old Timbaktu location. Win or Lose I know I will be goinn to watch them now plenty every year !!!
    Closer...and a TRUE BEISBOL stadium !!!!
    Last edited by colocolo; 04-27-2012, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    True, they've already had games in the stadium, but construction still isn't completely done.

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Done Deal...Inagurated and all happened last nite !!!!!!!

Columbus defeats Belen Jesuit at Marlins Park opener

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/0...#storylink=cpy

Leave a comment:

• Chef Bill
    replied
    The stadium will be completed on time, but the restaurants and shops that are planned to surround it probably won't....

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/0...m-to-open.html

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    It's more than half finished and supposedly under budget.

Leave a comment:

• Chimpie
    replied
    Looking at a picture on their Facebook page, taken in March, it looks like the roof was about 50% done. I think they will have no problem being finished on time.

I also saw the renderings for the first time. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful stadium.

I wonder if they will close the roof only when it rains or when it's really hot and humid out too.
    Last edited by Chimpie; 10-16-2011, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chef Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Also, the New York ballparks had the advantage of not being located smack dab in the middle of HURRICANE country.
    We've been very lucky this hurricane season (the six month of June through November) with no major storms affecting Florida so far. Only a month and a half left and the threat usually tapers off considerably by the end of October (Hurricane Wilma in October 2005 was a notable exception, in a very active year of storms). In Florida, December, January, February and March are typically the driest and coolest months of the year - very good for finishing construction and putting in the grass. Knock wood, but weatherwise we're looking pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    Starting to get excited about the new stadium.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    Originally posted by TommieAgeefan View Post
    one Miami-Dade Transit line (7) that will pass right by the stadium
    What kind of line is this? Is it easy for tourists to use? Do you have a link to its website?

MDT can no longer provide shuttle service from the station to the stadium (like they used to for games at the Orange Bowl) due to the ridiculous FTA ruling that local transit agencies can't provide shuttle service (has to be a private company)
    That is very odd. What possible reason could there be for a ruling like that?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X