Mike Cameron Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Cameron Released

Mike Cameron was released by the Marlins today, September 13.
    I think this a very odd move considering that there was only 16 days left in the regular season at the time of his release.
    I have seen several Marlins games on TV recently and if anything, Cameron was improving from his early season batting woes. He hit one of the longest home runs of the season in early September, had a two home run game recently, and his average was steadily climbing as he was showing good discipline at the plate and drawing a lot of walks. He had a Walkoff Walk (a bases loaded walk in the bottom of the 13th or 14th inning) to win one marathon game.
    I think that he would be a good pickup for teams that are playoffs-bound. Using Cameron would give teams a chance to rest their regular outfielders.
    Cameron is known for his good defensive play and was leading all active players in games as a Centerfielder with over 1800.
    Lifetime he has 278 home runs in 1955 games, with a .249 career batting average.

The guy had an awfully nice career. One of only 15 guys to hit 4-HR's in a game.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X