Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrabrams
    replied
    Thanks,For The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbook Info.Do You Know,If The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbook Will Have a Article About The History of Baseball in Miami? Or an Article With Photo's of The Original Miami Marlins,Old MIAMI Stadium? A Book About Old MIAMI Stadium is Coming Out in The Near Future.By U of Miami Architect Professor Rolando Llanes.From What,I've Heard It Will Be The First Book Published About Old MIAMI Stadium.I'm Looking Forward To Buying a Copy of That MIAMI Stadium Book.I'm Thinking,It's Only My Opinion.But,on That 1972 Mets Yearbook.Maybe,They Hadn't Starting Printing The Front Cover Yet For The '72 Mets Yearbook.But,They Had To Scramble & Hustle To Make Changes To The Inside Material/Text Because of Gil Hodges Passing Away.Only 1 Week Before The 1972 Home Opener For The Mets.The Mysterious,Cover of Gil Hodges on The Front Cover May Never Have Been Starting Printing Yet? Don't They Print The Front Covers Of Yearbooks Last? Just Sayin' Or They Stopped The Presses Quickly.Once They Knew For Sure That Gil Hodges Had Passed Away.Your a Big-Time/Avid Collector of NY Mets Yearbooks.Never Realized That 129 Mets Yearbooks Were Published Already.Are There Revised Editions of Mets Yearbooks Every Year? Do All MLB Teams Also Have revised Editions of Yearbooks Every Year? Thanks,For Your Answers To All My Questions In Advance?...

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by jrabrams View Post
    Is The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbooks on Sale Yet? Or Is It Too Soon?...
    Yearbooks in general are not officially available until the home opener. And coming from someone who has all 129 Met yearbooks, I speak from experience. The 130th won't be available until the team's home opener.

For a good case in point, Mets manager Gil Hodges died a mere week before Opening Day in 1972. One would think there would be a pre-release "bootleg" yearbook out there, but there doesn't seem to be. Instead, they scrambled quickly to reorganize the 1972 yearbook to indicate Yogi Berra as the new manager. I still have yet to locate a copy -- or even an indication that one exists -- of one I'm sure would've been available a week later, but all the research in the world has not yet uncovered a '72 Gil Hodges version. My instinct tells me the team pulled all of the originals and threw them into the furnace, while simultaneously scrambling to make the minor changes to the yeaarbook that was released a week later.

Sorry, I know this is the Marlins forum, but I needed an example to elaborate on my reply.

Leave a comment:

• jrabrams
    replied
    Is The 2012 Miami Marlins Yearbooks on Sale Yet? Or Is It Too Soon?...

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    2012 Marlins Season Thread

'Tis the season. Feel free to discuss the 2012 Marlins season here.

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    I think if the owners start spending and are able to keep good players, the perception will change and I think the fans will eventually reward the team with good attendance.

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    2011 here and I havent been around for a while..Nice come from behind win last nite...my second favorite team in the Majors, was the victim..but the Rays will be just fine..

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    We.re JUST about ready Folks........The last year in the boondocks !!! Then its Home Sweet Home..Miami here we come !!!!

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Three reasons the Florida Marlins should contend for a World Series Title in 2011

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ycn-7615498

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    West Helms at third makes me nervous.

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Happy Winter Y'All !!!

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Marlins Team Report..January 2011

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...s-2011-mlb-fla

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    AP source: Vazquez and Marlins reach $7M agreement

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Atlanta gladly takes Dan Uggla off hands of fast-moving Florida...

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    This is it Folks...Until the Spring of 2011 !!!!

C Ya !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• colocolo
    replied
    Thu, Sep 23 @Milwaukee L 3-8

Fri, Sep 24 @Milwaukee 8:10pm EDT
    Sat, Sep 25 @Milwaukee 7:10pm EDT
    Sun, Sep 26 @Milwaukee 2:10pm EDT

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...