Jose Fernandez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Fernandez

This guy sure has a pretty amazing story. He's been jailed, shot at and escaped from Cuba by boat. He's a pretty tough kid for being only 20 years old. He sure pitched a nice game in his debut too.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    This guy sure has a pretty amazing story. He's been jailed, shot at and escaped from Cuba by boat. He's a pretty tough kid for being only 20 years old. He sure pitched a nice game in his debut too.
    Fernandez had an Extremely impressive debut with 8K in 5 IP. My Only question is why his manager didn't let him pitch deeper into the game. He's just 20 and will turn 21 on July 31. He appears to have a very bright future.

Comment

Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
      Fernandez had an Extremely impressive debut with 8K in 5 IP. My Only question is why his manager didn't let him pitch deeper into the game. He's just 20 and will turn 21 on July 31. He appears to have a very bright future.
      They have him at a 150+160 innings cap and for his debut game they had him at 75-85 pitches. I'm sure he'll have some ups and downs but he has some nice upside.
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

One of THE top pitching prospects in the game (yeah, I know TINSTAAPP) and hadn't yet been above A-ball. These kids are major commodities anymore and are treated as such. I had no problem with what the Marlins did in taking him out. He's got a bright future.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Not sure if Fernandez pitched well or faced bad Mets lineup.

Also, I bet the Marlins will trade the guy for prospects before he hits arbitration.
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

He faced a pretty good heavy left handed Phillies lineup and pitched another great game. 6 innings, 5 strikeouts, 2 hits, 0 earned runs.

Comment

I think this kid will be getting a long term deal soon since he's Miami's Cuban native son.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                He faced a pretty good heavy left handed Phillies lineup and pitched another great game. 6 innings, 5 strikeouts, 2 hits, 0 earned runs.
                This is his second major league game. Wait until other teams have seen him and adapt to Fernandez.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                  This is his second major league game. Wait until other teams have seen him and adapt to Fernandez.
                  I'm sure he's going to have some bad games but he has some electrifying stuff. I'm thinking he has a Fernando Valenzuela type of rookie year.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                    Not sure if Fernandez pitched well or faced bad Mets lineup.

Also, I bet the Marlins will trade the guy for prospects before he hits arbitration.
                    The Marlins? No way.
                    "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

This might be a fun matchup tonight. Tony Cingrani vs Jose Fernandez.

Comment

Blue387 seems to have an answer for every poster here. :choke: (Typical New Yorker Know It All)
                        Chairman of the Bored ©

Comment

He did have a bad start his last time out but I think he's going to come back strong his next outing. He seemed a little rattled in that last game but I don't think he's going to carry that over into his next game.

He was pitching better than Cingrani until the 4th or 5th inning when everything fell apart on him. He's pitched around 17 innings and I would say he's had 1 maybe 2 bad innings

Comment

Originally posted by colocolo View Post
                            Blue387 seems to have an answer for every poster here. :choke: (Typical New Yorker Know It All)
                            I have issues with the Marlins.

Comment

I don't know what to think of him now after his last game. I guess we won't be seeing the next Dwight Gooden or Fernando Valenzuela. I do think he's going to have a nice bounce back game this weekend though. Mainly because I dropped him from most of my fantasy leagues.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X