Juan Pierre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Pierre

It's a shame to see Juan Pierre hardly being used at all while lesser players play in his place and even some rookies brought all the way up from AA are currently playing more these days than Pierre.

Note to Marlins' Management: Please trade or sell Pierre to a team that wants him and will play him.

When the Marlins don't want to play him, then I think that basically means no other team would want to play him, either.

Comment

Juan needs to retire.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
        When the Marlins don't want to play him, then I think that basically means no other team would want to play him, either.
        Pierre hit .307 with 37 stolen bases last year with the Phillies. I think his lack of playing time this year does not reflect a great decline in skills but rather the fact that the Marlins rookie manager doesn't know how to utilize Pierre properly. He also might have been directed by the Marlins' GM & front office to "play the kids more".

I believe that if the Marlins were to put him on waivers after the Trade Deadline passes and he gets a chance to go to another team, Pierre will indeed prove that he can still play. He's not getting much playing time in Miami because of their "current "Youth Movement", but Pierre is the type of player older, knowledgeable player that will fit in well and be able to contribute to a contender.
        Last edited by philliesfiend55; 07-30-2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
          Pierre hit .307 with 37 stolen bases last year with the Phillies. I think his lack of playing time this year does not reflect a great decline in skills but rather the fact that the Marlins rookie manager doesn't know how to utilize Pierre properly. He also might have been directed by the Marlins' GM & front office to "play the kids more".

I believe that if the Marlins were to put him on waivers after the Trade Deadline passes and he gets a chance to go to another team, Pierre will indeed prove that he can still play. He's not getting much playing time in Miami because of their "current "Youth Movement", but Pierre is the type of player older, knowledgeable player that will fit in well and be able to contribute to a contender.
          While I don't necessarily agree with how the Marlins have been bouncing kids up from AA who are overmatched, they do need to find what will work for them as they set up for 2014. Juan Pierre wasn't going to help them in 2013 other than to fill out a roster and he has no future with team.
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
            While I don't necessarily agree with how the Marlins have been bouncing kids up from AA who are overmatched, they do need to find what will work for them as they set up for 2014. Juan Pierre wasn't going to help them in 2013 other than to fill out a roster and he has no future with team.
            Pierre had 18 SB before they pulled the plug on him and relegated him to the bench this year. I know they are rebuilding, but Miami should be playing some veterans like Pierre and Polanco just so they have a chance to win more games and not look like a laughing stock. What's the Over & Under in Vegas on how many games Miami is going to win this year? Is it 54 wins out of 162 games (1/3 a .333 winning percentage) - or is it even lower than that?

Comment

Pierre got in 5 of the last 6 Marlins games this week as a pinch hitter. I guess being the first pinch hitter off the bench is better than having no role at all.

Comment

Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
                Pierre had 18 SB before they pulled the plug on him and relegated him to the bench this year. I know they are rebuilding, but Miami should be playing some veterans like Pierre and Polanco just so they have a chance to win more games and not look like a laughing stock. What's the Over & Under in Vegas on how many games Miami is going to win this year? Is it 54 wins out of 162 games (1/3 a .333 winning percentage) - or is it even lower than that?
                Take the over! They're currently on pace for 63 wins this year. While not good, it's much better than last year's 69 wins while carrying a payroll over $100M. They weren't planning on winning many games. Any team that puts Placido Polanco in the four-hole on opening day isn't expecting much out of the offense.
                "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X