Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to this board...what kind of season will the team have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this board...what kind of season will the team have?

I just signed up to this board...Nice to see other Brewer fans out there!

I was at the home opener on Monday and have been a fan of the Brewers for over 30 years.

Honeslty Im just hoping to get above .500, anything more than a few games over would make me extremely happy.... starting 5-0 will help
    "I Still Hate The Cubs" - Me

Comment

I'm beginning to believe that 90+ wins is not an impossibility. With the way we've started, if we can cold onto that form for a fair slice of the season we'll be knocking at the door of the wild card.
      RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

By the way, welcome to BBF BrewCrew and Brewer Fan. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
        RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

I'll follow Crew82 in saying welcome to the board guys. I'd also agree with '82 when I say I'm not against belieing we could get up to 90 this year. I was hopeing for 85-87 and maybe a wild card berth, but to start out as the best team in the league ... well, that's awesome.
          AL East Champions: 1981 1982
          AL Pennant: 1982
          NL Central Champions: 2011
          NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

I honestly would love to see them get 85+ wins, but in my opinion I think it totally lies on Davis and Capuano.... If they can pitch as good as they did last year then yes I think they could easily have 82+ wins.

Edit: BTW thanks for the warm welcome guys
            "I Still Hate The Cubs" - Me

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I agree it is not inconcievable to think the Brewers will get 90+ wins. Alot will depend on injuries (which is a given with any team). So far the young infield has looked pretty good. Prince has started off strong with defense and the hitting will come. I still think JJ Hardy will be the best of them all I just like his style he will be a great leader on this team.

Comment

I think 90 wins is a great goal. I think sometimes people get ahead of themselves. I think the Packers were a great example in the early mid 90's making it a little further each year till they won the Super Bowl. Last year 81-81, I think their main goal should be to finish over .500, 90 wins would be great.

I'm also new to the board. I've been searching for a good spot to talk Brewers. I actually couldn't find anything so I started my own forum, check it out if you want the address is in my signature. Its in the very early stages so if you like it spread the word.

XBucky
                http://www.brewerforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by XBucky
                  I'm also new to the board. I've been searching for a good spot to talk Brewers. I actually couldn't find anything so I started my own forum, check it out if you want the address is in my signature. Its in the very early stages so if you like it spread the word.

XBucky
                  Welcome to BBF XBucky, we hope that you enjoy your time here with us.
                  Happy posting!

BTW, good luck with your site.

:gt
                  RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82
                    BTW, good luck with your site.

:gt
                    Thanks things are just getting going. Trying to find the best way to get word out there about the website.
                    http://www.brewerforums.com

Comment

Hey

I am new to the board too. From what I see right now, these guys are going to have a great season. Granted they are a bit over .500, I still say they are strong competitors. I say they make there way up to second in the division by the end of the season. I say they make playoffs also. If Sheets can get healthy and stay healthy, we will have a strong pitching crew. Turnbow is doing his part as closer. Our pitching staff needs to improve, the rest of the team is doing their job. There are a lot of high caliber players on this team. The only thing I have to say is that Weeks needs to get better, he is causing far too many errors. I have faith, the BREW CREW WILL NOT LET US DOWN! GO BREWERS!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X