Wall of Honor at Miller Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall of Honor at Miller Park

The Brewers have announced they will be introducing a wall of honour to recognise those that have left a mark on the franchise.

The following criteria have been set for inclusion:
    *2,000 or more plate appearances
    *1,000 or more innings pitched
    *250 appearances as a pitcher
    *Winner of a major award (MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, or Fireman of the Year)
    *Manager of a pennant-winning team
    *Individuals memorialized with statues on the Miller Park Plaza
    *Members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame who played for or managed the Brewers

The following players will be in the initial "class":
    *Hank Aaron, Jerry Augustine, Sal Bando, Chris Bosio, Johnny Briggs, Jeromy Burnitz, Mike Caldwell, Bill Castro, Jeff Cirillo, Jim Colborn, Cecil Cooper, Craig Counsell, Chuck Crim, Rob Deer, Cal Eldred, Mike Fetters, Rollie Fingers, Jim Gantner, Moose Haas, Bill Hall, Darryl Hamilton, Teddy Higuera, John Jaha, Geoff Jenkins, Harvey Kuenn, Sixto Lezcano, Pat Listach, Mark Loretta, Davey May, Bob McClure, Paul Molitor, Don Money, Charlie Moore, Jaime Navarro, Dave Nilsson, Ben Oglivie, Dan Plesac, Darrell Porter, Ken Sanders, George Scott, Kevin Seitzer, Bud Selig, Richie Sexson, Ben Sheets, Ted Simmons, Jim Slaton, B.J. Surhoff, Don Sutton, Gorman Thomas , Bill Travers, Bob Uecker, Jose Valentin, Greg Vaughn, Fernando Vina, Pete Vuckovich, Bill Wegman, Bob Wickman and Robin Yount.

The article also states that seven active players in the majors meet the critera and will be honored upon retirement: John Axford, Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, Yovani Gallardo, J.J. Hardy, Corey Hart, and Rickie Weeks.

Source: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/topst...236470901.html
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

They set the criteria just high enough that Gary Sheffield could not be included just yet...
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

I'm all for this, but I feel like it shouldn't be an automatic induction. It'd be nice to space them out and bring guys back to the park.
      AL East Champions: 1981 1982
      AL Pennant: 1982
      NL Central Champions: 2011
      NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

What is the difference between a "wall of honor" and a "hall of fame?" Or is it just semantics?
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X