Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbdmets
    replied
    I would give Diaz Hernandez and Matsui plus pay 4 of his 8 mil. for Soriano.
    Hernandez or Keppinger which the Nats want.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Hannah
    replied
    Originally posted by SiddFinch1
    Now that he is sulking and refused to go into a game at LF for the Nats...is he back on the block?

If the price is right I would go for it- No way would I give up a good prospect- They can have Diaz, a mediocre pitching prospect (ie Royce Ring type) and they have to take Kaz off our hands
    I doubt if he would go that cheap. If he is DQed he gains no service time, he collects no pay, and his contract starts over again with the Nationals next year. They can afford to wait some.

Would the Mets really want him? All the statheads predict Sorianos numbers will fall off significantly this year because he will be playing in RFK... which is a pretty similar stadium to Shea. At $10 million would he be worth it? Even if Matsui went in the deal?

Leave a comment:

• SiddFinch1
    replied
    Now that he is sulking and refused to go into a game at LF for the Nats...is he back on the block?

If the price is right I would go for it- No way would I give up a good prospect- They can have Diaz, a mediocre pitching prospect (ie Royce Ring type) and they have to take Kaz off our hands

Leave a comment:

• sakic_mets
    replied
    we need a mobile 2b, someone that can produce though, i think soriano would be fine, but idk, thats my opinion

and can u have forum sigs on this site? or post pics etc?

i wanna use this sig

Last edited by sakic_mets; 11-23-2005, 06:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Met
    replied
    I was hoping maybe Florida's 2B would be part of a deal. Maybe we're not done with them.

I forget who's still available but I think if we're looking for more of a gloveman, that should widen the field considerably.

Just my $.02 on it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• sakic_mets
    replied
    who are you suggesting??

and can u not have pics in ur sig? most forums allow it

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Met
    replied
    I think today's Delgado move necessitates the need for more of a glove at 2nd than Soriano brings.

Leave a comment:

• sakic_mets
    replied
    i say, bring soriano here, the more the marrier!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Met
    replied
    No, Casey is not a FA but the Reds are starved for pitching and might be willing to dump some salary.

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    Casey is one of those old school 1st base guys that has a good glove and hits for a good average with 15-25 hr type power.. Reminds me like a Keith Hernandez/Mattingly/Mark Grace type of player...

Casey isnt a FA though is he? If not, have the Reds talked about shopping him?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Met
    replied
    Delgado didn't want to come here in the first place so I'm not sure he'd be a happy camper.

You have to love what you saw from Konerko but I haven't heard much talk about him heading this way.

The guy I'd really like is Sean Casey. He doesn't really give you the power numbers we're looking for but balancing him with Soriano at 2B might work. Casey would also be a fan favorite and a big presence in the clubhouse.

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    Who would you like to see the Mets get at 1B?

Konerko? Delgado? Jacobs?

You are right, Sori's bat sure would be sweet in that lineup...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Met
    replied
    Well ya gotta like Sori's bat and there seems to be a match with Cameron and Texas. I'd like to see who the Mets are gonna end up with at 1B before I commit to this deal though.

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    started a topic Soriano rumors (again)

Soriano rumors (again)

The Mets are talking to the Rangers about Alfonso Soriano's availability, according to a major league executive who spoke on condition of anonymity. The talks are in the initial stages. The Mets have a surplus of starting pitching, and Mike Cameron would provide the answer to the Rangers' inconsistency in center field and help to offset the loss of Soriano's bat. The Mets could throw in a second-base prospect, Anderson Hernandez or Jeff Keppinger, although that may not be necessary because the Rangers have groomed Ian Kinsler to replace Soriano.
    -- New York Times

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X