No announcement yet.

Mets News and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard anything about the "catching" situation? I know the Mets are interested in both Molina and Hernandez. Anything happening on that front?

c.

Comment

I think that the Mets should really keep Milledge. They've already hurt their farm system enough in the Delgado deal, so what's the point in trading our best prospect for a guy whose making $20 million a year, and the Red Sox are desperatley trying to get rid of. The problem with Minaya is that he gets obsessed with certain players (all of which are hispanic), and he's willing to give up anything and more to get them. He too would have made the Kazmir/Zambrano deal. As nice as it would be to get Manny's bat in the middle of our lineup, he comes with too much baggage. If he's not happy winning the world series in Boston, he'll be pretty unhappy not making the playoffs or getting knocked out early with the Mets. Instead of trading Milledge, the Mets can sign or trade for a Brian Giles type of player.

SS Jose Reyes
      RF Brian Giles
      3B David Wright
      1B Carlos Delgado
      CF Carlos Beltran
      LF Cliff Floyd
      C Ramon Hernandez
      2B Mark Grudzielanek

Sign Giles, Hernandez, and Grudzielanek.

or

SS Jose Reyes
      CF Carlos Beltran
      3B David Wright
      1B Carlos Delgado
      RF Kevin Mench
      LF Cliff Floyd
      C Ramon Hernandez
      2B Mark Grudzielanek

Sign Hernandez and Grudzielanek, and trade Trachsel for Mench.

Those are very well-balanced lineups right there, and we didn't even need to give up any prospects. The second lineup would even free up a spot for us to sign a guy like Kevin Millwood...Being a GM is pretty simple, you just have to have a brain.
      ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
      ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

ummm... when did Mark Grudzielanek join the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Met
          Rumors are that the Mets have offered him a decent contract.
          The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
          Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Met
            I said sign him...
            ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

You guys want Brad Wilkerson? He can play all 3 outfield spots and with the right settings (not here) could be a big player.
              The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
              Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Hmmm...

The Cardinals have a vacancy at second base as free agent Mark Grudzielanek ponders proposals from several clubs. The New York Mets are a leading contender.
                -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Comment

Jorge Julio

It appears the Mest and Orioles have a preliminary agreement in place for the Mets to deal Kris Benson and his contract to Baltimore for 26 year old reliever Jorge Julio.

Julios Scouting Report from ESPN.com

Julio throws an above-average four-seem fastball that regularly is clocked at 96-98 MPH. He struggles controlling the movement and location of the pitch, which is when he gets into trouble. The coaching staff has tried to get him to back off a few MPH to gain better control, but Julio reverts to throwing his hardest when he struggles. His slider usually is clocked in the high 80s. Sometimes Julio battles to maintain a consistent release point, and that plagues his slider more than the fastball. Despite being a power pitcher, he doesn't pitch inside enough. This allows hitters to lean out over the plate and cover the outside corner. Julio has improved his approach against lefthanded hitters and no longer struggles against them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Unless the is a pure salary dump to afford getting another quality starter or taking on Mannys salary, I don't really understand the trade. Benson is 31, and eats a considerable amount of innings.
                  14 37 41
                  Hodges Stengel Seaver
                  "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do, I stare out the window and wait for spring." - Rogers Hornsby

Comment

Am I hearing Paul LoDuca rumors now? :atthepc

Comment

LoDuca for Gaby Hernandez and an unnnamed prospect

As long as Gaby doesnt develop into a good picther this should work out well.

If he does.....:grouchy

Comment

The Mets are expected to sign second baseman Mark Grudzielanek.
                        -- St. Petersburg Times

Honestly, I would love to have Grudzielanek on this team.. I think a good scrappy player like him will certainly help us
                        "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                        ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Alfonso Soriano was sent to the Nationals last night so I guess he is out of the mix for the Mets

Comment

Although Washington now has two 2Ber's.

Comment

I heard Minaya wants to trade David Wright for Vinny Castilla
                              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

Maybe a Vidro for Matsui swap...That'd be a solid trade for us
                                ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X