• Show
Clear All

• MetsFan15
    replied
    hi...............

Leave a comment:

• Joltin Joe Giradio
    replied
    I hope there's no truth to the rumor that Omar is still looking to acquire Baez with Heilman going the other way. Baez is ok, but Heilman is just as capable in short relief. Plus, Heilman can be kept for little money, while Baez not only makes more but is slated for FA after '06. He is not going to stay when he can be a closer elsewhere.

Then again, Baez is "proven." That counts for everything in the Mets org. LOL. Let's trade Wright to MIN for Tony Batista cuz Batista is proven. Wright only played well for a season and a half. There's no way he's proven.

Duane Sanchez is good vs. righties, but he sucks vs. lefties. Maybe Petersen can teach him an out pitch to get lefties.

Leave a comment:

• metsfan28
    replied
    LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers, in search of starting pitching, acquired right-hander Jae Seo and left-handed reliever Tim Hamulack from the New York Mets on Wednesday for right-handed relievers Duaner Sanchez and Steve Schmoll.

Seo, a 28-year-old South Korean, made 14 starts for the Mets last season, going 8-2 with a 2.59 ERA. He walked 16 and struck out 59 in 90 1/3 innings. He also spent time with Triple-A Norfolk.

Seo went 5-10 with a 4.90 ERA for the Mets in 2004.

"The thought process behind this was Seo's going to get a chance to start," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said. "He had a real good year with the Mets and in Triple-A, pitched close to 200 innings.

"This gives us a little more depth in the starting rotation. I don't think this will prohibit us from getting another starter in either free agency or in a trade. One more would be good. I think we have a rotation now that's capable of throwing 180 innings, 200, 210 through all five starters."

Los Angeles signed free-agent right-hander Brett Tomko last month. Other returning starters are right-handers Brad Penny and Derek Lowe and left-hander Odalis Perez. Jeff Weaver, a 14-game winner last season, is a free agent.

The 29-year-old Hamulack pitched mostly in the minors last season. He appeared in six games for the Mets, allowing seven hits and six earned runs in 2 1/3 innings.

The 26-year-old Sanchez was 4-7 with a 3.73 ERA and eight saves in 79 games last season, serving as the Dodgers' closer late in the year. He was a setup man in 2004, going 3-1 with a 3.38 ERA in 67 games.

Sanchez made his big league debut in 2002 with the Arizona Diamondbacks. He also pitched for the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2002-03 before the Dodgers claimed him on waivers after the 2003 season.

The 25-year-old Schmoll, signed by Los Angeles in May 2003, was 2-2 with a 5.01 ERA and three saves for the Dodgers and 0-3 with a 4.78 ERA in 22 games for Triple-A Las Vegas last season.

ive heard nothing about the mets signing boone ive heard that the mets are interested in em but thats it

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Omar may be trying to tell Kaz Matsui something here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-322558c.html
    Mets eyeing Bret Boone

Seek infield, bullpen help
    While the Mets explore options for addressing their primary remaining need - setup men in the bullpen - they are investigating choices at second base, too, and they are one of three teams interested in former All-Star Bret Boone, according to a baseball source.

The Rangers and Padres are also involved, and it's likely that Boone will sign a minor-league deal with one of the three clubs and get an invitation to spring training, the source said. If Boone signs with the Mets, he could push Kaz Matsui at second, or perhaps take over the position if Matsui is unloaded via trade, which the Mets hope to accomplish.

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    Eddie Coleman just broke the story on wfan/the yes network that the Mets have sent Seo to the Dodgers along with minor leaguer Tim Hamulack for Duaner Sanchez and another pitcher...

They have also apparently signed Bret Boone to a minor league contract...

Leave a comment:

• moebarguy
    replied
    I'm happy with any trade that doesn't involve the Mets giving up Floyd, Wright, Reyes, Delgado, Pedro, Wagner, Heilman, and Milledge...

Leave a comment:

• metsfan28
    replied
    Originally posted by Baseball Guru
    Being reported this morning that the Mets and Rays are close to a deal that would involve Jay Seo and Matsui for Baez and possibly Lugo being involved in the deal...

I like it!:gt

Screw the 4 team trade rumor and lets get Baez and Lugo!
    i heard the seo matsui for beaz but nothin about lugo??

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    Being reported this morning that the Mets and Rays are close to a deal that would involve Jay Seo and Matsui for Baez and possibly Lugo being involved in the deal...

I like it!:gt

Screw the 4 team trade rumor and lets get Baez and Lugo!

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    Originally posted by metsfan28
    hey guru i heard they may send seo or heilman to the rays
    Thanks for that info

Sure would be sweet to have him on the team..:gt

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    If they can spare Heilman and Seo, then I think this would be one of the best 1-2 punches around now.

Which other trades would be needed? I'm wondering how strong the rest of the pen is also.

Leave a comment:

• metsfan28
    replied
    hey guru i heard they may send seo or heilman to the rays

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    I am hearing on XM (Kevin Kennedy) and from a friend that has Sirius (Steve Phillips) that there is a deal in place that the Mets are going to get Báez..
    I have no details on what the Mets are giving up for him but that it is pretty close to a done deal.. Anyone hear anything else on this?

Leave a comment:

• DODGER DEB
    replied
    NBC Sports and The Newark Star-Ledger are reporting this afternoon that the METS are also looking to get in on the MANNY-TEJADA deal, and make it a 3-way trade.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10641752/

c.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Mets looking strongly to sign D-Rays' Danys Baez to set up:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/mets/59677.htm
    METS ON BRINK OF BAEZ TRADE

Leave a comment:

• nyboricua021
    replied
    mets signed chad bradford