1962-2006 All-Time Mets Team Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962-2006 All-Time Mets Team Poll

Another extension of the All-Time Mets Team thread, I figure a poll isn't too much of a reach. Probably could've been added to the original thread, but I'll just take it upon myself. (If they should be combined, that'll be fine.)

I've listed each position player in alphabetical order, and, in case one or more of your choices isn't listed, there's an "other" option for each position.

Feel free to vote for more than one from each position (especially pitchers), since I'm sure that all-in-all, the leaders will make themselves known in the end.
    Put it in the books.

very nice poll, milladrive
    sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

very nice poll indeed!
      Complete Dynasty Baseball League can be found at: http://rotobaseball.proboards27.com We are going into our 6th season, and we now have PRIZES (baseball cards of course) for each divisional winner! We currently could use 2 or 3 owners... Please go to the board and fill out the questionaire if you are interested (18+ please).

Comment

Thank you much.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Mets

I had to vote for some of my favorite 1962 and 1963 mets. love those two teams.
          LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

What a great post.

I missed Koosman as a pitcher.

Thanks.

Comment

Very cool poll... Must have taken forever to set up
              "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
              ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baseball Guru
                Very cool poll... Must have taken forever to set up
                Nah, about a half hour. And thanx much.
                Put it in the books.

Comment

Holy tough choices Batman!
                  My votes are in!
                  Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Chris Cannizaro, Jay Payton, Bernard Gilkey, Skip Lockwood, and Greg McMichael? Who cast those votes? And why? I remember McMichael as being second only to Mel Rojas as "worst Mets reliever" until Rich Rodriguez somehow came along...I'm also really surprised that Armando Benitez has more votes than Billy Wagner...have we already forgotten how awful Benitez was in the clutch?
                    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110
                      ...I'm also really surprised that Armando Benitez has more votes than Billy Wagner...have we already forgotten how awful Benitez was in the clutch?
                      I find the Benitez thing pretty confounding as well. That guy gave me more burst blood vessels than any other player in Mets history.

On the other side of the coin, I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind why at least three voters didn't give the nod to either Seaver or Hernandez. Perhaps it's stuff like this that shows why there'll never be a unanimous HoF inductee.
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive
                        I find the Benitez thing pretty confounding as well. That guy gave me more burst blood vessels than any other player in Mets history.

On the other side of the coin, I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind why at least three voters didn't give the nod to either Seaver or Hernandez. Perhaps it's stuff like this that shows why there'll never be a unanimous HoF inductee.
                        Wow? No Seaver 100%?

He has less percentage points on a team where he is OBVIOUSLY the #1 player, without a doubt... than when he was elected to the HoF.
                        Originally posted by Cougar
                        "Read at your own risk. Baseball Fever shall not be responsible if you become clinically insane trying to make sense of this post. People under 18 must read in the presence of a parent, guardian, licensed professional, or Dr. Phil."

Comment

Originally posted by nerfan
                          Wow? No Seaver 100%?
                          Amazing, ain't it? Wonder if anyone from the BBWAA visits this forum.
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

Marv Throneberry

Here is my favorite all time new york met. Marv Throneberry. i would have voted for him if he was listed in the poll. i love those 1962 and 1963 mets.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Chris Cannizzaro

Originally posted by Dalkowski110
                              Chris Cannizaro, Jay Payton, Bernard Gilkey, Skip Lockwood, and Greg McMichael? Who cast those votes? And why? I remember McMichael as being second only to Mel Rojas as "worst Mets reliever" until Rich Rodriguez somehow came along...I'm also really surprised that Armando Benitez has more votes than Billy Wagner...have we already forgotten how awful Benitez was in the clutch?
                              I was the one who voted for chris cannizzaro. i am a fan of the 1962 and 1963 mets which he played for.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X