My prediction(s) about game 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My prediction(s) about game 7

It is starting in two minutes, so i thought i would just state for the record:

1. If the Mets score first, they will win.
    1a. If the Cardinals score first, they can still lose.

2. Oliver Perez would get BOMBed by any of the AL teams, but he might pitch to a 6.00 ERA to the cardinals tonight.

3. David Wright will get one meaningless hit and the fans will still love him.

4. Puljos will hit another HR and complain about something (the other teams pitchers, his hamstring...)

5. Wagner will NOT pitch the 9th if the lead is 2 runs or less.

Final score prediction:

Mets 7
    Cardinals 5
    Complete Dynasty Baseball League can be found at: http://rotobaseball.proboards27.com We are going into our 6th season, and we now have PRIZES (baseball cards of course) for each divisional winner! We currently could use 2 or 3 owners... Please go to the board and fill out the questionaire if you are interested (18+ please).

Heh, not one of these predictions came true.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

he was right on #5

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
        he was right on #5
        No he wasn't, because there was no lead. The lead must be two runs or less for that to be accurate.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive
          No he wasn't, because there was no lead. The lead must be two runs or less for that to be accurate.
          Haha, if you want to get technical about it. You're right.

Comment

Originally posted by darthb
            It is starting in two minutes, so i thought i would just state for the record:

1. If the Mets score first, they will win.
            1a. If the Cardinals score first, they can still lose.

2. Oliver Perez would get BOMBed by any of the AL teams, but he might pitch to a 6.00 ERA to the cardinals tonight.

3. David Wright will get one meaningless hit and the fans will still love him.

4. Puljos will hit another HR and complain about something (the other teams pitchers, his hamstring...)

5. Wagner will NOT pitch the 9th if the lead is 2 runs or less.

Final score prediction:

Mets 7
            Cardinals 5
            Quick! Gimme 53 numbers from 1-59! I'll pick the other six!

I don't feel too bad about losing the series. I just wish Beltran could have had a better AB. It was as bad an AB as you could have. He looked lost.

Comment

Well, Perez was pitching his heart out and getting zero support. Ironically, Wright got the only RBI. IMO, the position players were demoralized from the horrendous performance given by Trachsel. That, and not Billy Wagner's loss, was the turning point of the series. They were hitting, even with Wagner doing poorly. The bats went dead when Trachsel self-destructed. Hopefully, next year, we won't have a Steve Trachsel-type pitcher on the ballclub. So, what I'm saying, pretty much, is wait till next year, to quote the Brooklyn Dodger fans.
              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

I can't say I agree, Dalko -- the 12-run outburst came after the Trachsel debacle. The Cards just got some awfully good starting pitching...Suppan was very sharp again yesterday, especially when he had to be after rolen's error.

Comment

The turning pt of the series was gm2. Trachsel stunk it up this year, no doubt, but the way Suppan was throwing in gm3, they weren't gonna win even if Trachsel managed to give them a quality start.

If Green has better range in RF (Chavez probably catches the Spiezio triple), if Wagner doesn't pull his typical post-season Wagner act, if the Mets had won gm2...

Ifs don't cut it. Mets got beat. But you look back at gm2 and you gotta say "should've had'em."

Comment

i just wanted to put the "whammy" on the Mets. Job well done.
                    Complete Dynasty Baseball League can be found at: http://rotobaseball.proboards27.com We are going into our 6th season, and we now have PRIZES (baseball cards of course) for each divisional winner! We currently could use 2 or 3 owners... Please go to the board and fill out the questionaire if you are interested (18+ please).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X