who stay / who goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who stay / who goes

May be too early for this, but there are a few players I'd like to get rid of. Here are my choices:

Stays:
    • Delgado
    • Reyes
    • Wright
    • Lo Duca
    • Beltran
    • Chavez - as a fourth outfielder
    • Pedro
    • Glavine
    • Maine
    • Oliver Perez - start him in the minors, he still has potential
    • Ramon Castro
    • Julio Franco (contract)
    • Wagner
    • Sanchez
    • Juan Padilla (remember him the best middle reliever from 2004 - I'm hoping he can regain his form in 2007)
    • Oliver
    • Feliciano
    • Bradford
    • Wagner
    • Mota
    • Pelfrey - another half to full year in the minors

Goes:
    • Valentin
    • Floyd
    • Green - what is his contract status?
    • El Duque
    • ichael Tucker
    • Anderson Hernandez
    • Chris Woodward
    • Zambrano - Regardless of his contract status, he should be dumped
    • Trachsel, Roberto Hernenadez
    • Ricky Ledee
    • Dave Williams

I'd like to see traded:
    • Heilmann - Give him a chance to start somewhere else. I think he'll have some value on the trade market
    • Milledge - If you can get any value for him, I say sell. Otherwise, start him in the minors - he doesn't look ML ready yet
    • Bannister - I doubt there is a market for him, otherwise let him go or keep him in the minors
    • Heath Bell - ditto
    • Royce Ring - ditto

Glaring needs
    • Second Basemen
    • Corner outfielder - ideally two, but might be stuck with Green for one more year
    • Starting pitching - need a number one type guy, and another solid starter (I'm not saying these will be available, but this is a wish list)

On the same subject...what changes the off-season will bring to the METS, the NY Times has this today...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/20/sp...th&oref=slogin

c.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn
      May be too early for this, but there are a few players I'd like to get rid of. Here are my choices:

Stays:
      • Delgado
      • Reyes
      • Wright
      • Lo Duca
      • Beltran
      • Chavez - as a fourth outfielder
      • Pedro
      • Glavine
      • Maine
      • Oliver Perez - start him in the minors, he still has potential
      • Ramon Castro
      • Julio Franco (contract)
      • Wagner
      • Sanchez
      • Juan Padilla (remember him the best middle reliever from 2004 - I'm hoping he can regain his form in 2007)
      • Oliver
      • Feliciano
      • Bradford
      • Wagner
      • Mota
      • Pelfrey - another half to full year in the minors

Goes:
      • Valentin
      • Floyd
      • Green - what is his contract status?
      • El Duque
      • ichael Tucker
      • Anderson Hernandez
      • Chris Woodward
      • Zambrano - Regardless of his contract status, he should be dumped
      • Trachsel, Roberto Hernenadez
      • Ricky Ledee
      • Dave Williams

I'd like to see traded:
      • Heilmann - Give him a chance to start somewhere else. I think he'll have some value on the trade market
      • Milledge - If you can get any value for him, I say sell. Otherwise, start him in the minors - he doesn't look ML ready yet
      • Bannister - I doubt there is a market for him, otherwise let him go or keep him in the minors
      • Heath Bell - ditto
      • Royce Ring - ditto

Glaring needs
      • Second Basemen
      • Corner outfielder - ideally two, but might be stuck with Green for one more year
      • Starting pitching - need a number one type guy, and another solid starter (I'm not saying these will be available, but this is a wish list)
      mota: why the hell should mota stay?? last night, when i saw him warming up in the pen, i feeled terrible :grouchy

valentin: why should he go? to have him and woody as backups for the infield is great!
      Woodward: same like valentin.
      el Duque: we need sp´s. so we must keep him. no doubt
      a. hernandez: you say that we must keep perez because of his potential, and you´re right. but the same goes for hernandez. this guy can be a great major league player. i say keep him, at least to the end of april.

but with the rest, i totally agree. send milledge south for the d-train :gt

needs: we need a right fielder! in left, let chavez starting. in center we´ve beltran. but in right??
      we should also look for an ace in a trade! i don´t feel comfetable with zeto, if we get him.
      also, what about an second baseman? soriano would be nice, but unrealistic . my favourite on this position is cano, but the yankees don´t trade him until he plays like a-rod
      Last edited by freshprince85; 10-20-2006, 08:29 AM.
      sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
        On the same subject...what changes the off-season will bring to the METS, the NY Times has this today...

c.
        edit: problem solved
        Last edited by freshprince85; 10-20-2006, 08:34 AM.
        sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince85
          mota: why the hell should mota stay?? last night, when i saw him warming up in the pen, i feeled terrible :grouchy

valentin: why should he go? to have him and woody as backups for the infield is great!
          Woodward: same like valentin.
          el Duque: we need sp´s. so we must keep him. no doubt
          a. hernandez: you say that we must keep perez because of his potential, and you´re right. but the same goes for hernandez. this guy can be a great major league player. i say keep him, at least to the end of april.

but with the rest, i totally agree. send milledge south for the d-train :gt

needs: we need a right fielder! in left, let chavez starting. in center we´ve beltran. but in right??
          we should also look for an ace in a trade! i don´t feel comfetable with zeto, if we get him.
          also, what about an second baseman? soriano would be nice, but unrealistic . my favourite on this position is cano, but the yankees don´t trade him until he plays like a-rod
          1. Mota - I think Mota has good stuff and can be valuable to the bullpen. Good bullpen guys are tough to find, and I think he'll be better than a repalcement
          2. Valetin - He faltered down the stretch and was terrible in the post season. I think we can upgrade for him without too much effort
          3. Woodward - I'm not opposed to keeping him. Actually, thinking about it more, he is a good utility type guy. I just don't think he will ever be an every day player
          4. el Duque - I suggested getting rid of him in hopes of upgrading. I'd like the rotation to be Pedro, Glavine, Maine and two free agents / trades. I'd keep El Duque if two other pitchers can't be acquired, but that is not my first choice.
          5. A. Hernandez - this guy can't hit a lick. I don't see him ever being an everyday player

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB

c.
            I pretty much agree with this. Their core is very good and young. Some upgrades to their pitching and they could be right back in the thick of it for the next few years

Comment

Stays (hitters - starters):
              Carlos Delgado
              Jose Reyes
              David Wright
              Paul Lo Duca
              Carlos Beltran
              Lastings Milledge: I think he can produce if he was given a starting OF spot, or at least a platoon

Stays (hitters - bench):
              Endy Chavez: Well, he displayed why he's a great 4th OFer...
              Ramon Castro: solid backup
              Julio Franco: I think he's pretty worthless, but he's under contract, and the players like him...
              Jose Valentin: I don't want him as a starter

Stays (pitchers - starters):
              Pedro Martinez: injured...but under contract
              Tom Glavine: re-up him for 1 more year
              John Maine: a bit inconsistent, but he has good stuff
              Oliver Perez: same as above
              Orlando Hernandez: re-up him for 1 more year
              Phil Humber: I think that he's much better than Pelfrey, so if we were to trade one of them for a front-line player, I'd rather it be Pelfrey

Stays (pitchers - bullpen):
              Billy Wagner: heart attack central
              Duaner Sanchez: hopefully he'll be as good next year as he was for us this season
              Darren Oliver: was great for us
              Pedro Feliciano: a nice surprise too
              Chad Bradford: always got out of jams for us
              Guillermo Mota: pretty erratic, but if he's used correctly, he can be an asset
              Aaron Heilman: despite the HR, he's still a great reliever, and he could be a good starter too
              Heath Bell: great stuff
              Royce Ring: same

Goes:
              Juan Padilla: I know he was once good for us, but our bullpen spots are basically filled up, and who knows how good he'll be for us
              Cliff Floyd: no thanks
              Shawn Green: trade this guy...terrible OFer
              Michael Tucker: no comment
              Chris Woodward: I'd rather bring Valentin back as the backup
              Victor Zambrano: ha...
              Steve Trachsel: don't even get me started...
              Roberto Hernandez: eh, no thanks
              Ricky Ledee: maybe 10 years ago
              Dave Williams: pretty worthless

I'd like to see traded:
              I feel like we could package these guys away for someone who can really help us (like a good starting pitcher)
              Anderson Hernandez
              Brian Bannister
              Mike Pelfrey

Glaring needs:
              Second Basemen: We must sign Julio Lugo, period.
              Corner outfielder: I want to give Lastings a chance, and we can platoon him with Endy if necessary. Also, we must get rid of Shawn Green. The guy barely hits, and he is a terrible fielder. We also need a right-handed bat in the lineup, so I propose Jose Guillen. The guy is great defensively, and when healthy, is a offensive threat. He might come cheap since he was injured for a lot of this season.
              Starting pitching: The Mets should look into signing Jason Schmidt, and then maybe trading for another starting pitcher...
              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
              ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn
                I pretty much agree with this. Their core is very good and young. Some upgrades to their pitching and they could be right back in the thick of it for the next few years
                I don't want Freddy Garcia. Possibly Javier Vazquez, but not for a good prospect - he's not worth it.
                ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

El Duque has to go. He's fragile and getting more so. I know he's got the post-season lore going for him in fans' minds, but give his spot to some young'un with better upside.

Lugo is a good fit. Bat him 2nd behind Reyes and drop Loduca to 6th or 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
                    I don't want Freddy Garcia. Possibly Javier Vazquez, but not for a good prospect - he's not worth it.
                    I was only agreeing with the part about being good for years to come. I agree with you. I don't want Garcia or Vazquez. i would take Zito - I'm higher on him then most - but don't think it is worth overpaying for him, and it is looking like he may get overpaid.

Comment

I feel like we could package these guys away for someone who can really help us (like a good starting pitcher)
                      Anderson Hernandez
                      Brian Bannister
                      Mike Pelfrey
                      Why would the Mets trade Pelfrey? I don't think Humber is SO much better. I think that they are both the future faces of the Mets pitching staff. Humber was injured for most of his minor league career but then was healthy and did well this year. This year was Pelfrey's first year of professional baseball period, not just his first year of getting time in the majors. He was medicore in his 4 major league starts but his minor league numbers were better than Humber's.

Comment

Originally posted by Joltin Joe Giradio
                        El Duque has to go. He's fragile and getting more so. I know he's got the post-season lore going for him in fans' minds, but give his spot to some young'un with better upside.
                        I would have agreed with you a little while ago, but then I actually looked up his stats as a Met:
                        9-7, 4.09 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 112 K's in 116.6 IP, 103 H, 41 BBs

I know that he is known for his post-season lore, but the stats are great - and especially nice as a 3rd starter. The players like him, he thrives in the big spotlight, we wouldn't have to sign him beyond a year, and when we make it to the playoffs again, he'll be there to win us a big game. We should save the 4th and 5th spots in the rotation for the younger guys, but we need to sign a #1 and #2.
                        ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Reyes
                          Why would the Mets trade Pelfrey? I don't think Humber is SO much better. I think that they are both the future faces of the Mets pitching staff. Humber was injured for most of his minor league career but then was healthy and did well this year. This year was Pelfrey's first year of professional baseball period, not just his first year of getting time in the majors. He was medicore in his 4 major league starts but his minor league numbers were better than Humber's.
                          Scouts says that Humber is further along than Pelfrey. Pelfrey wasn't that impressive in his stint in the bigs, not that we can really judge him by that, but still, it's noted. The reason behind trading Pelfrey is that if we could get a Dontrelle Willis type, we would be trading a prospect who might never be as good as Dontrelle, for Dontrelle Willis, who is a young veteran pitcher.
                          ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

Scouts says that Humber is further along than Pelfrey.
                            Well Humber is older and like I said Pelfrey is in his first pro season so of course Humber is going to be further along. I guess I kind of agree with you about trading Pelfrey for a proven ace who Pelfrey may never be as good as, but we have to make sure it's the right guy. It has to be for a Dontrelle Willis and nothing less. No Victor Zambranos...(I'm sure you remember the Scott Kazmir trade... )

Comment

Beltran, Reyes, Wright, Glavine, Pelfrey, Milledge, and Humber all gotta go.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X