No announcement yet.

who stay / who goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of Green, Franco, Traschel,Perez and Glavine for starters. I think Glavine has gone as far as he can, its time to start bringing up the young blood or making trades.
    Whats the world coming to ??

Comment

I'd go for either of the following scenarios:

Trade Heilman, Bannister and Milledge for Peavy or Heilman amd Bannister for Ervin Santana. Both are 25 and pretty good front of the rotation types.

Resign Floyd to a low dollar incentive laden deal and let him play left. Keep Chavez to back up Floyd. Resign: Mota, Bradford, Feliciano, Glavine and El Duque.

spend FA dollars on Soriano to play 2b

Line Up: reyes, soriano, beltran, delgado, Wright, Floyd, Lo Duca, Green
      Rotation early 2007: (Peavy/Santana), Glavine, El Duque, Maine, and (perez/humber/pelfrey)

Rotation later in 2007: Pedro, (Peavy/Santana), Glavine, Maine, and (perez/humber/pelfrey) El Duque to the pen.

or

Humber or Pelfrey, Bannister and Bell for Carl Crawford to play left and bat behind Reyes...should be fun to watch (Tampa say's they would move him for young pitching since they are so deep in young outfielders) He is only 25, and an athletic type Omar says he wants.

Spend FA dollars on Matsuzaka or Zito (I'd prefer Schmidt but he said he wants to stay out west)

Comment

Originally posted by LostMet
        I'd go for either of the following scenarios:

Trade Heilman, Bannister and Milledge for Peavy or Heilman amd Bannister for Ervin Santana. Both are 25 and pretty good front of the rotation types.
        soungs great.
        maybe we can trade perez for santana and oliver for oswalt
        i donĀ“t think that the padres would be so stupid

btw: wellcome here
        sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

"Get rid of Green, Franco, Traschel,Perez and Glavine for starters."

Perez has proven that he deserves another chance. It was only just before NLCS Game 7 that Jim Tracy revealed his problem (which his pitching coach, apparently, couldn't solve), which was rocking back toward third base. Give Oliver Perez a chance. Why get rid of Franco? He's a fine player/unofficial coach. Yes, please, get Trachsel out of New York. Glavine should have one more year, and that's it.

"Trade Heilman, Bannister and Milledge for Peavy or Heilman and Bannister for Ervin Santana. Both are 25 and pretty good front of the rotation types."

And neither the Angels nor the Padres would go for it...

"Resign Floyd to a low dollar incentive laden deal and let him play left. Keep Chavez to back up Floyd. Resign: Mota, Bradford, Feliciano, Glavine and El Duque."

Cliff Floyd? Are you kidding? The guy can't field, and Endy Chavez deserves to start in his place. Put Milledge or some other AAA guy on the bench in his place. Mota? I think he throws a shineball. But yeah, the others, I agree.

"spend FA dollars on Soriano to play 2b"

We very well may do that, and if we do, that's great. He'd also make a nice corner outfielder if you dump Green.

"Humber or Pelfrey, Bannister and Bell for Carl Crawford"

Crawford is good, but that's almost a total waste of pitching talent.
          "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
          -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X