Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballgame Over...Season Over...Put 'Em In The Books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballgame Over...Season Over...Put 'Em In The Books!

Just a disgruntled Yankee fans POV. Had to get that out.

Jose..Jose...Jose...Jose--Keep that duckwalk crap in the dugout, or better yet, in the clubhouse. Reyes got what he deserved from the Cardinals when they broke out into a mock Jose..Jose...Jose...Jose chant after the game. Jose is going to be a great player. Act like you expect that you can do it all the time. Oh, but then he'd have to act like Jeter.

Our team, our time, our place, our town?
    Win something first before you start talking and acting like you already have.

Before the playoffs I presented 2 scenarios to the Met fans I know. Would they rather:
    A) lose 3 straight in the first round Division Series.
    B) Get to the World Series but lose to the Yankees.
    All but one chose A over B.
    Met fans ruined their Wa, because they didn't BELIEVE. Dread took over the spirit of Tug McGraw!

Now the regretable part that I'm forced to admit:

The Mets future is a lot brighter than the Yankees.
    1) You have a young, exciting team. Mets fans finally got what they deserved for their years of loyalty. No more stupid Tom Seaver to the Reds trades or quiet Kevin McReynolds lumps.

2) You have a GM who knows what it takes to win and who will fill in the gaps this winter. The owner got smart and decided to stop his nepotism garbage.

3)I think free agents would rather join this dynamic clubhouse that the Yankee clubhouse. California guitar strumming dude Barry Zito to the Yankees? He's going to go to the zoo where the patrons hang A-Rod or the place where Beltran gets a pass for going down with his bat on his shoulder? Besides, Shea is a pitchers ballpark.

4)David Wright is a stud and will learn from his over-aggressivenes.

Look what the Yankees did to Melky and Andy Phillips!
    They had the right chemistry all season after Matsui and Sheffield went down and then decided to play PLAYSTATION in the playoffs.

Keep your chins up Met fans........(but the Yankees may be back anyway to knock your blocks off. I can't give up complete hope!)

Here's hoping for a Subway Series in '07

Just a disgruntled Mets fan POV:

It's... uh..."put it in the books."

Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive
      Just a disgruntled Mets fan POV:

It's... uh..."put it in the books."

'em meaning The Mets team,season,antics,fans,Mr. Met,Howie Rose,Tom McCarthy,Dr. Seuss hats, our town declarations.......

Comment

Originally posted by tommybaseball
        'em meaning The Mets team,season,antics,fans,Mr. Met,Howie Rose,Tom McCarthy,Dr. Seuss hats, our town declarations.......
        Hey! Hey! Hey!....

Comment

Methinks tommybaseball has some inferiority complex issues. *shakeshead*
          Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X