Jae Seo TRADED to the LA Dodgers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My, how things have changed...

Seo's K/9 rate, mental makeup, and mechanics were dreadful. He was a classic case of selling high. Tim Hamulack (good mechanics, but not much talent) was cut by the Dodgers and now hopes to make the Royals as a LOOGY competing with Neal Musser (of all people). Duaner Sanchez (who has good mechanics and isn't injury-prone) became one of the most dominant set-up men in baseball until a drunk driver slammed into his taxi. But he's now rehabbed enough to make the MLB roster, at the very least. Steve Schmoll (who also has good mechanics) is a bit of a Quad A type guy, though is working on controlling his inverse-breaking slurve to get back on the 40-man roster.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

But do you agree with the trade now?

Comment

Well, my response should've indicated a VERY definite yes.
        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
        -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

I'll admit I was wrong. Getting rid of Seo was no loss. But if Sanchez doesn't return to form, this trade will essentially be a wash - it would have helped neither team.

At this point, I of course like the trade. The potential of Sanchez returning to form is certainly better than having Seo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
            I'll admit I was wrong. Getting rid of Seo was no loss. But if Sanchez doesn't return to form, this trade will essentially be a wash - it would have helped neither team.

At this point, I of course like the trade. The potential of Sanchez returning to form is certainly better than having Seo.
            I agree with all of the above statement.
            ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
            ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X