X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    Originally posted by Brooklyn
    and keep a 35-year old coming off a major injury who is no better than a career .500 pitcher anyway (Trachsel), a 30 year old who toggles between average and awful (Zambrano), a 31 year old with nothing more than sparks (Benson), not to mention a 39 year old in the last year of his contract (Glavine).

And Seo was cheap, too. I don't know anything about Sanchez and Schmoll (or Hamulack, for that matter), but at least they got younger for once. But are these guys on anyone's radar?

I would think it wouldn't be too easy to trade any of those guys.. They are not exactly on the top of everyone's "want" list...

Personally, I really liked Seo, but the fact remains that besides his 14 starts last season, he really wasn't much before that.. yeah, he showed promise last year but it was only 14 starts.. IMO, he will not go on to be anything special... He may have a good year or 2 but I just dont forsee anything much from him...

Sanchez is a decent player that finsihed the season as the Dodgers closer.. He is a workhorse and a good option in the pen.. Especially if we dont get Baez... We needed bullpen help and had a starter to spare..

Good trade IMO for the Mets...

Leave a comment:

• LP fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Brooklyn
    I couldn't agree with you more. Seo had a great year last year. I wouldn't expect the same, but why would you get rid of a 28 year old pitcher that showed talent and keep a 35-year old coming off a major injury who is no better than a career .500 pitcher anyway (Trachsel), a 30 year old who toggles between average and awful (Zambrano), a 31 year old with nothing more than sparks (Benson), not to mention a 39 year old in the last year of his contract (Glavine).

And Seo was cheap, too. I don't know anything about Sanchez and Schmoll (or Hamulack, for that matter), but at least they got younger for once. But are these guys on anyone's radar?

Omar seems to get it in his head that he needs to trade someone, and then does it, regardless of who he gets back. The Mets were in an eviable situation with too much starting pitching. I'd have preferred them to go into the season with 6, with Trachsel, Glavine and Pedro, someone is bound to get hurt, you can always use picthing. And if you absolutely have to get rid of one, he had to have been able to do better.

But I agree, at least it wasn't Heilman...yet.
    At first glance, this looks like an incredibly bone-headed trade....
    why give up on Seo???

Leave a comment:

• Brooklyn
    replied
    I couldn't agree with you more. Seo had a great year last year. I wouldn't expect the same, but why would you get rid of a 28 year old pitcher that showed talent and keep a 35-year old coming off a major injury who is no better than a career .500 pitcher anyway (Trachsel), a 30 year old who toggles between average and awful (Zambrano), a 31 year old with nothing more than sparks (Benson), not to mention a 39 year old in the last year of his contract (Glavine).

Omar seems to get it in his head that he needs to trade someone, and then does it, regardless of who he gets back. The Mets were in an eviable situation with too much starting pitching. I'd have preferred them to go into the season with 6, with Trachsel, Glavine and Pedro, someone is bound to get hurt, you can always use picthing. And if you absolutely have to get rid of one, he had to have been able to do better.

But I agree, at least it wasn't Heilman...yet.

Leave a comment:

• moebarguy
    replied
    Does anyone else think that we traded to much talent in Seo? I think that we're trading the wrong people in our rotation...

Leave a comment:

• moebarguy
    started a topic Jae Seo TRADED to the LA Dodgers...

Jae Seo TRADED to the LA Dodgers...

He was traded along with Tim Hamulack for Duaner Sanchez and Steve Schmoll. Well, at least we didn't trade Aaron Heilman...

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X