Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else scared about our rotation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solair Wright
    Endy Chavez will backup Beltran, and Tike Redman has been designated for assignment a while ago. Julio Franco will back up Carlos Delgado or most likely pinch hit. Trading minor leaguers for big names is a way to damage reputation, and getting rid of the big guys for nobodies is going to dent the foundation even worse. Willie Randolph has nothing to do with this, it's Omar "Oman" Minaya.

Yeah, I know, but what by some freak bad luck that Floyd, Beltran, Pedro, Delgado get injured for a week or two. You have no players who could do a somewhat decent job in their place.
    The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
    Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

I would be very upset if Pedro, Delgado, and Floyd all got injured at the same time...Although knowing the Mets, it would happen.
      ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
      ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
        I would be very upset if Pedro, Delgado, and Floyd all got injured at the same time...Although knowing the Mets, it would happen.
        Pedro, we all worry about...Floyd, ya wonder when he'll get hurt, Delgado should do okay.........
        North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Well, we got Jose Lima, now I feel good about the rotation...
          ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

Moe, ya shud be coverin baseball for ESPN.....ya tell it like it is...

lolol

Amazin!!! Simply Amazin!
            North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Well, at least his wife is good looking...
              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

i agree with moe that our rotation needs help i say we stick lima in there even though hes on a decline from his better years with houston he still is a work horse and stick brad ford in there just for a diff look and to mix it up a lil 2
                Pedro Martinez
                Tom Glavine
                Steve Trachsel
                Aaron Heilman
                5th starter is bradford/lima

stick zambrano in the pen
                Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

-Lou Brock-

Comment

Bradford isn't a starting pitcher, so he'll stay in the bullpen. As for starting Lima over Zambrano, I guess it sort of depends on spring training. Lima was plain terrible for the Royals last year, while Zambrano did have good starts here and there.
                  ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

i saw on the news that said if the mets had to theyd put bradford in the rotation
                    Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

-Lou Brock-

Comment

I think they'd stick John Maine in the rotation before Bradford as well...
                      ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

see i think its safe to say there are some of us on this forum that like the moves minaya made and there are some of us that dont i for one like them and i dont like them i like them because we have more power in delgado we picked up julio franco which even tho hes old he brings the experience to our infield with reyes at short wright at 3rd and depending on if either keppinger or hernandez gets the 2b job and we have a pretty solid cathing core with loduca

but i dont like giving away young rising talent that we had for pitching for some old run down guys

-Lou Brock-

Comment

but if god willing we make it to the play offs i gurantee u no one would be complaining about the moces he made this off season

-Lou Brock-

Comment

If we make the playoffs, we won't go far because our bullpen stinks and our rotation is weak...pitching wins, and we don't have it
                            ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

But hey, if all of our starting pitchers stay healthy and have career years, we might make it to the World Series...
                              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham

RisingApple.com

Comment

i dont know if our pen is that bad we just have has beens

-Lou Brock-

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X