Mets 1997 Alternate Cap- White cap with blue brim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets 1997 Alternate Cap- White cap with blue brim

A cap that was only around for a year. I cannot find it anywhere. I did get a quasi-replica made by the Cooperstown BallCap folks. The hat is of course of such high quality, but I still would like the real thing.

Anyone else ever try to get this cap?

No.
    I´ve the black cap, but this white alternate looks pretty nice :cap:
    sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by nymetsgiantspolo View Post

A cap that was only around for a year. I cannot find it anywhere. I did get a quasi-replica made by the Cooperstown BallCap folks. The hat is of course of such high quality, but I still would like the real thing.

That's hideous

Comment

That was a GREAT cap.

It was their Sunday home game cap, it was used with the Sunday white Dodger throwback uni. They kept the uni and wear it all the time now, but the hat disapeared. Could never understand that. John Olerud had a white helmet for the field.

Are you looking for a player's hat ?

Comment

Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
          That's hideous
          Agree. I like the all black cap. But this one is UUUUUUGLYYYYYYYYYY!

Comment

This is the only hat you should want:

No black. No white. Just Orange and Blue.
            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by SBBL View Post
              That was a GREAT cap.

It was their Sunday home game cap, it was used with the Sunday white Dodger throwback uni. They kept the uni and wear it all the time now, but the hat disapeared. Could never understand that. John Olerud had a white helmet for the field.

Are you looking for a player's hat ?
              I'm looking for any hat that has the mlb logo on the back and is that cap. If its player worn thats great. If its not player worn thats great too.

I have the two other mets alternate caps.

This one cap while actually a 1936 Giants cap could of have been a Mets cap:

I love the NY on the Mets or Giants cap. The Giants and Dodgers constantly changed their jerseys. It just so happened that when the Giants and Dodgers moved they were blue, white, orange, and black.
              Last edited by nymetsgiantspolo; 09-07-2007, 03:20 PM. Reason: I added stuff

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post

Still the best -

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post

No black. No white. Just Orange and Blue.
                  yes, but only in wool. Not that poly garbage.

Comment

That's...not as bad as I thought it would be. Kinda retro...without actually throwing back to anything...
                    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mex4Prez View Post
                      yes, but only in wool. Not that poly garbage.
                      ballcap.com .

Nice and old fashioned there.

Comment

I'm looking for any hat that has the mlb logo on the back and is that cap. If its player worn thats great. If its not player worn thats great too.

I have the two other mets alternate caps.

This one cap while actually a 1936 Giants cap could of have been a Mets cap:

I love the NY on the Mets or Giants cap. The Giants and Dodgers constantly changed their jerseys. It just so happened that when the Giants and Dodgers moved they were blue, white, orange, and black.
                        Thats a nice hat!! I would sport that! I always look at Cooperstown cap co. website and drool over all the caps I want! ( the 1920's short brim yankees cap, brooklyn dodgers cap, NY Giants cap , Browns cap w/ the imp on it countless caps from uncommon teams and leagues with really cool colors styles and logos!) I even wrote them willing to trade graphic design services for several hats!
                        39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                        2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
                          Thats a nice hat!! I would sport that! I always look at Cooperstown cap co. website and drool over all the caps I want! ( the 1920's short brim yankees cap, brooklyn dodgers cap, NY Giants cap , Browns cap w/ the imp on it countless caps from uncommon teams and leagues with really cool colors styles and logos!) I even wrote them willing to trade graphic design services for several hats!

I cheaped out on the the 1936 cap. I got the replica american needle (cotton band but wool, I believe) for 14 bucks from capsized.com.

I had it before but lost it....

The hat i ordered from ballcap.com was perfect (or about as much as I could expect). Leather band, wool beyond belief.

Comment

I cheaped out on the the 1936 cap. I got the replica american needle (cotton band but wool, I believe) for 14 bucks from capsized.com.

I had it before but lost it....

The hat i ordered from ballcap.com was perfect (or about as much as I could expect). Leather band, wool beyond belief.
                            There is shops in cooperstown that have the caps from caps.com (at least they did when I was a kid) I spent forever just look and trying tons of caps! They are the best baseball caps I have ever seen!
                            39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                            2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

ballcap.com .

Nice and old fashioned there.

I hope we never wore these in games quack quack

Maybe we will see the old Lynchburg Met caps back at Shea, they'd go good with a Lastings Milledge throwback jersey.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X