X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amed Rosario

He should be up on the Mets now.

Discuss.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Maybe Mets first home stand in August? Hope so anyway.

Comment

In six hours we will know what if any vacancies the trade deadline has created. If Cabrera is traded there is no reason to keep him down.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
        In six hours we will know what if any vacancies the trade deadline has created. If Cabrera is traded there is no reason to keep him down.

Buster Olney of ESPN reports that the Mets don't expect to trade Asdrubal Cabrera before Monday's deadline.

This backs up what was reported by Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The Mets are certainly trying, but there aren't many contenders out there with a clear need for infield help. The outlook could change at some point in August. It's worth noting that Cabrera's contract includes an $8.5 million club option for 2018, with a $2.5 million buyout

I guess they feel they need Asdrubal Cabrera for their huge playoff surge.

Comment

Mr. Rosario will make his Major League Debut for the Mets tomorrow.

http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/2...picId=27118392
          X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

I thought I heard that this morning but then they switched to talking about NFL training camp or some imaginary NBA trade. Thanks.

Comment

I was impressed by how poised and in control he seemed in his debut. He looks very fluid in the field. At bat he did not look overmatched and showed a reasonable eye, at least considering the talk from the booth was he "swings at anything".

Comment

Here's a screen capture off mlb.tv of the very first pitch he sees in his very first MLB at-bat...
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

He is fast, or at least looked so on that 'ground rule triple." He did seem to be in "go up there and swing" mode last night, as opposed to his first game, so there was an ugly three pitch strikeout. So far, he is going to keep me interested in watching the season play out.

Comment

He is fast, or at least looked so on that 'ground rule triple." He did seem to be in "go up there and swing" mode last night, as opposed to his first game, so there was an ugly three pitch strikeout. So far, he is going to keep me interested in watching the season play out.
                    He's fast and slim. Not Bud Harrelson skinny but nice to be that young.

Comment

He is going to need to learn to take a pitch. It seems like he does that once an at bat, if that. Defensively, he seems to have the arm to make those plays in the hole and already looks like he may have eliminated a "glove tap" that he seemed to do before throwing in his first games. He is still the one guy I stop and watch but if he is going to wildly swing at everything that will change. But, it is week one so it's way to early to do more than make observations.

Comment

He is going to need to learn to take a pitch. It seems like he does that once an at bat, if that. Defensively, he seems to have the arm to make those plays in the hole and already looks like he may have eliminated a "glove tap" that he seemed to do before throwing in his first games. He is still the one guy I stop and watch but if he is going to wildly swing at everything that will change. But, it is week one so it's way to early to do more than make observations.
                        Like all other players time will tell as they evolve and the league evolves to them.

He looks very raw to me and like you said the wild swinging needs to be contained or he will never see a strike from a pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Like all other players time will tell as they evolve and the league evolves to them.

He looks very raw to me and like you said the wild swinging needs to be contained or he will never see a strike from a pitcher.
                          You're wrong Pauly ! He has "Mets" across his chest. He's already better than Ozzie Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post

You're wrong Pauly ! He has "Mets" across his chest. He's already better than Ozzie Smith.
                            I have read here and else where that Rosario and Smith are locked into SS/1b as stars now they just need to work on the bullpen.

You heard it here:

If the best player(s) the Mets are going to have in the near future are on their current roster they don't have a prayer of winning anything. If Cespedes and Conforto are the two top guns -- nope not going to happen. I think Conforto will end up being their best player and may already be but they need some lineup depth. Quality lineup depth and need a top gun type player to make the lineup longer.

The Mets go after the supplemental player in most cases but they need an impact player to compete. Of course along with bullpen help, and players that play defense.

I am sure some will disagree because like I said Rosario/Smith will be stars.

Comment

Aw geez, here we go again. I don't think anyone has said anything about star or Ozzie Smith, at least in this thread. He's young, we have heard much of him and the other SSs are over thirty. He is something to be optimism about or at least to track. I;m not really griping on anyone, but to me going over the reasons for the malaise of the Mets, is been there done that. So I mostly scroll without posting. This guy was something to watch and comment on in the present and future tense without bringing other discussions into the mix. sigh

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X