Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amed Rosario Arrived a Little Late, but He’s Here Now
    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/amed-ros...-hes-here-now/
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
      Thanks for posting this.

Additionally Gimenez is someone who’s impressed so far. Interesting competition in the future.

Comment

Hm, I saw the Amed Rosario thread atop the charts and thought for a few precious moments that he'd been dealt. Oh well.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
          Hm, I saw the Amed Rosario thread atop the charts and thought for a few precious moments that he'd been dealt. Oh well.
          I posted the link to a Fangraphs article since it seemed relevant to the player.
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

I posted the link to a Fangraphs article since it seemed relevant to the player.
            Oh no, I didn't mean anything by it, Blue. It's definitely relevant. I was just kinda disappointed is all, heh. I'd be just fine with it if they moved him for someone who could fill a need.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Funny thing about that article is that it said in the first paragraph : He was all fast-twitch muscles and gorgeous defense.

The one thing I say always about him and that I dont see is the fast twitch muscle movements. I am glad the article went on to say that the assessment looked misguided..........because it is.......or at least it has been.

I see him much more as a lanky gangly player without that zip. I am not sure how that changes - you either have it or you dont.

By the way not that this means anything at all, but he doesnt have a hit yet in ST. Means nothing of course in regards to the 2020 season but I thought it was worth noting on March 4th.

Comment

And on cue Rosario named one of 10 breakout hitters for 2020 in the majors.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                  And on cue Rosario named one of 10 breakout hitters for 2020 in the majors.
                  Well we can hope so, and it would be great for the team if that were case, but Dewey was also named president by the Chicago Tribune.

Like Truman I want to see it before I believe it.

He is only 24 so I get it - so like I said we can hope for it. Maybe the end of last year is a spring board for his career.

Hopefully he can shut me up
                  Last edited by Paulypal; 03-04-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/will-an...ture/304971810

Scouts see the tools to still improve significantly, but a handful I've talked to agree that Rosario's athleticism hasn't translated to shortstop play the way minor-league evaluators thought it would.

"He doesn't have advanced natural shortstop actions," is the way one scout puts it. "It's not always smooth."

Gimenez, by contrast, is quite smooth, as noted earlier. He did make an error in the game against the Marlins, fumbling a ground ball, but in addition to the play up the middle, he made a diving play toward the hole that he turned into an inning-ending force-out.

Total disgrace that Rosario wasnt traded this off season for Lindor ....especially since it was on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                      https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/will-an...ture/304971810

Scouts see the tools to still improve significantly, but a handful I've talked to agree that Rosario's athleticism hasn't translated to shortstop play the way minor-league evaluators thought it would.

"He doesn't have advanced natural shortstop actions," is the way one scout puts it. "It's not always smooth."

Gimenez, by contrast, is quite smooth, as noted earlier. He did make an error in the game against the Marlins, fumbling a ground ball, but in addition to the play up the middle, he made a diving play toward the hole that he turned into an inning-ending force-out.

Total disgrace that Rosario wasnt traded this off season for Lindor ....especially since it was on the table.
                      The Wilpon's were going to trade a league minimum player for one that makes $17.5mil? Doesn't sound like them.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

The Wilpon's were going to trade a league minimum player for one that makes $17.5mil? Doesn't sound like them.
                        Yes they should have.

It doesnt sound like them, but neither does winning sound like them.

That scout in the article confirmed what I have been saying. Something optically about Rosario doesnt pass the eye test.
                        Last edited by Paulypal; 03-05-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X