Robert Gsellman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Gsellman

I don't think the deGrom wannabe has his own thread so I started one for his soon to be short lived Met life.

I didn't read any comments on the forum about his "I really don't care" comment in response to Alderson.

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...dy_alders.html

Alderson had this response:

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...rt_gsellm.html

I don't care if you love Alderson or hate him. His comment about Gsellman not pitching for the Mets until he started to pitch better is a legit comment. Gsellman saying "I really don't care" is just not a very smart move.

Any thoughts about a very subpar pitching with a 6.16 ERA?

Any truth to the rumor that Judge is asking him to pitch for him in next years HR derby ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      I don't think the deGrom wannabe has his own thread so I started one for his soon to be short lived Met life.

I didn't read any comments on the forum about his "I really don't care" comment in response to Alderson.

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...dy_alders.html

Alderson had this response:

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...rt_gsellm.html

I don't care if you love Alderson or hate him. His comment about Gsellman not pitching for the Mets until he started to pitch better is a legit comment. Gsellman saying "I really don't care" is just not a very smart move.

Any thoughts about a very subpar pitching with a 6.16 ERA?
      He's probably been pitching hurt. I posted an article about that earlier in the season.

Otherwise, I don't know what that quote means. What's the context?

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

This is from the linked article:

Now that Gsellman is set to make his first start since straining his hamstring in Miami on June 28, he's not going to let the comments from the GM get to him.

"I don't really care," Gsellman said, following the Mets' 5-4 loss to the Yankees on Tuesday at Yankee Stadium.

It is hard to say it could be in response to "do Alderson's comments that you need to pitch better bother you?" In which case one could read it as I just need to do my job, or no what am I three years old or things along those lines. Remember these guys are not being hired because they are quick on their feet, eloquent or glib much less able to parse their words for possible poor optics.

He also could have gone on to completed the thought but all that got recorded or reported was the soundbyte.

Comment

Well now that he hurt Aldy's feeling he is liable to trade him away for nothing.
          :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
          Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

Originally posted by trepye View Post
            Well now that he hurt Aldy's feeling he is liable to trade him away for nothing.
            His ERA is 6.16 getting nothing for him would be a good trade for the Mets and could be considered fleecing the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

His ERA is 6.16 getting nothing for him would be a good trade for the Mets and could be considered fleecing the other team.
              Addition by subtraction.
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X