Who should be the next manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
    Whoever they pick, he must be on the same page as Alderson. We can criticize the front office all day long but they need to be a cohesive team if for no other reason then knowing who to blame if it doesn't get turned around. Silly me, we already know who to blame!! With that said my pick is Rusty Staub. Good experienced baseball man and since there is no Old Timers Day, it would be nice to see him in the orange and blue again.
    He's 73 years old...
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post

He's 73 years old...
      Obviously an attempt to bring some humor to these morbid threads. If people can hope for the Wilpon's to sell, I can hope for Rusty to manage.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

Obviously an attempt to bring some humor to these morbid threads. If people can hope for the Wilpon's to sell, I can hope for Rusty to manage.
        Well, he wouldn't be the oldest Mets manager in history.
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
          Well, he wouldn't be the oldest Mets manager in history.
          73 is the new 63, what the hell. Maybe they could even put a rib joint of his somewhere in the stadium. I have been to BBQ joints all through the south and Rusty's baby backs have never been bettered!

Comment

I know neither would do it but either Ron Darling or Keith Hernandez would be great in my humble opinion. Sadly, Keith tells it like it is and would get axed by management and Ron has a wealth of knowledge but how would young pitchers respond to his style of proper basics? Alas, until the Wilpon's sell the team I don't see anybody on the horizon that can make a difference.

On another note though, Jay Bruce with two homers against the Yankees...gotta love it! Hey, even Joe Smith tamed the Yankees bats for a few batters in game two!

Bill

Comment

The winner will be the best yes man the Wilpons can buy...Does anybody believe this guy will actually run the team??
              North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

I stole this from the off-season thread. We shall see. I have seen favorable reports on McEwing, Hale and Cora.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3555999

Comment

Supposedly Mickey Callaway will be the next Mets manager. I do not know much about him so I will wait to see him in action before I give an opinion. It will be interesting to hear what the reaction is.

Comment

I heard that this morning. Not a single beat writer so much as mentioned his name. I'm not sure whether that is a reflection on their competence, the ability of the involved persons not to gossip or something else that we have already discussed.
                    Last edited by PVNICK; 10-23-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                      I heard that this morning. Not a single beat writer so much as mentioned his name. I'm not sure whether that is a reflection on their competence, the ability of the involved persons not to gossip or something else that we have already discussed.
                      Along with Green, Cash and Cora, he'll be part of the new crop of young Managers. Played under Scioscia and Showalter. Francona said- Why wouldn't the Mets hire him?
                      Odd tidbit- played his first game as a Devil Ray against the Montreal Expos.

Comment

http://nypost.com/2017/10/22/why-the...ng-unexpected/

Pretty much sums up the banter that this signing will bring up on baseball-fever until the hot stove starts. Let's give the guy a chance.

Comment

What little I have read sounds good.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X