Many cable nets not carrying SNY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many cable nets not carrying SNY

I've been a Mets fan since 1962 and I'm outraged that my cable company Patmedia in New Jersey isn't going to carry SNY. I called my cable company to ask why and they told me that Wilpon-Comcast were trying to hold them up for more money then YES gets. If they want that much money my cable company wants to charge on an individual basis of who wants the Mets and who doesn't but SNY wants to be on cable basic like YES. I know every cable company is a monopoly but this one sounds like any company that isn't Comcast or Time Warner may be getting a raw deal. That's why it is bad when Comcast-Time Warner a provider gets into the production end. They don't have long to end their dispute March 16th is coming fast. If you think about it it took the Yankee fans who have Cablevision a year to see there games if they didn't switch to satellite.
    Lets support Gil Hodges for The Hall of Fame, a true Hall of Famer.

Anyone know if LI Cablevision will show the games? I hope so or I will be spending alot of money at the local watering hole this summer!
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

is timewarner carrying it ?
      Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

-Lou Brock-

Comment

Sports Net New York

Good article here on the new Mets cable Network

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...p-332602c.html

Wilpons partners in SNNY are TimeWarner and Comcast, so if you have those two cable companies your set, i'm sure the station will be available on satellite as well.

"While YES came on the market looking for cable operators to pay about $2.25 per month per subscriber, SNY's asking price appears to be in the $1.60-$1.75 range."

That should make it a little easier for Dolan to consider adding the channel to his lineup. I just hope that everyone in the greater NY and NJ area's will be able to watch the Mets.
        Last edited by SeaverGooden; 02-18-2006, 08:34 AM.
        14 37 41
        Hodges Stengel Seaver
        "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do, I stare out the window and wait for spring." - Rogers Hornsby

Comment

Originally posted by SeaverGooden
          Good article here on the new Mets cable Network

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...p-332602c.html

Wilpons partners in SNNY are TimeWarner and Comcast, so if you have those two cable companies your set, i'm sure the station will be available on satellite as well.

"While YES came on the market looking for cable operators to pay about $2.25 per month per subscriber, SNY's asking price appears to be in the $1.60-$1.75 range."

That should make it a little easier for Dolan to consider adding the channel to his lineup. I just hope that everyone in the greater NY and NJ area's will be able to watch the Mets.
          Those figures that were in the paper are wrong, I was told by my cable company that SNY is asking more then YES. My living in Somerset, NJ isn't a great advantage either, my cable company covers Mets, Yankees and Phillies fans and we're small 80,000 customers so not much bargaining power either, The Mets only really care about the big companies in Long Island and NYC. I'm a loyal fan since 1962 now I'm getting shutout because Wilpon wants to line his pockets even more, he hasn't spent any money till this year and the only reason is because of SNY. Now he's getting a new Stadium to make even more money, the new stadium will also shutout the little guy because you won't be able to get seats. I've had it with Mets management from the Wilpons to Minaya the genius.

Comment

And how do you think the Mets can afford a $100M payroll???

"Amazin....Simply Amazin"
            North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy
              And how do you think the Mets can afford a $100M payroll???

"Amazin....Simply Amazin"
              I don't care how they afford it, the Wilpons never really spent before last year, they have made alot of money owning the Mets over the years and not spenting. The only reason they're spending this year is because they have the new channel, and want to impress the viewers to make more money. There is no reason for Wilpon and company to charge more money then YES they are the new kid on the block. I pay alot for cable I have the complete package, it isn't the money, but now I'm being shutout because of some greedy people.

Comment

atleast we wont have black outs like we did with foxsportsnet and MSG last year
                Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

-Lou Brock-

Comment

Originally posted by metsfan28
                  atleast we wont have black outs like we did with foxsportsnet and MSG last year
                  There will be a complete blackout for the unlucky fan with the wrong cable company. How do you know if SNY will be any better then Fox or Msg, it hasn't even broadcast it's first program yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kramer_47
                    Those figures that were in the paper are wrong, I was told by my cable company that SNY is asking more then YES.
                    So you're taking the word of a cable company over what was reported in the paper? I know you're frustrated, but come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Toy Boat
                      So you're taking the word of a cable company over what was reported in the paper? I know you're frustrated, but come on now.
                      I'm with a smaller cable company, I know the president, smaller companies do pay more and SNY wants more then YES gets from them. You can't always believe what you read in the papers either.The negotiations are still on going and there's hope. It's just horrible that the little guy like us gets screwed all the time.

Comment

So far there is NO agreement between Cablevision and the 2 dish networks with SNY along with a bunch of small cable companies. There is no safety net like Yankee fans had, plus you have 2 cable providers dealing with there competitors here. I hope they agree but it looks like bad news for alot of us.

Comment

Originally posted by kramer_47
                          I'm with a smaller cable company, I know the president, smaller companies do pay more and SNY wants more then YES gets from them. You can't always believe what you read in the papers either.The negotiations are still on going and there's hope. It's just horrible that the little guy like us gets screwed all the time.
                          Well if that's true than shame on the Mets, but I still find it hard to believe that they would ask for more than what YES got. btw, I came across this petition urging Patriot Media to carry SNY. Not sure how much good it would do to sign, but it couldn't hurt.

http://www.petitiononline.com/SNYPM/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Toy Boat
                            Well if that's true than shame on the Mets, but I still find it hard to believe that they would ask for more than what YES got. btw, I came across this petition urging Patriot Media to carry SNY. Not sure how much good it would do to sign, but it couldn't hurt.

http://www.petitiononline.com/SNYPM/petition.html
                            Thank you Toy Boat for the petition. I didn't know anything about this until I read it in the Daily News last week.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X