Brandon Nimmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon Nimmo's neck hell: 'Couldn't hold my head up'

The article in the link above is dated April 17th 2019. We now find out he's been playing with a neck injury most of this season. Of course the Mets didn't bother with an MRI. "Just rub a little dirt in it".

The Mets have a history of putting injured players on the field, which then results in career threatening damage. For context, here's a video from 8/27/14 in which David Wright and Vic Black discuss their neck injuries. Remember them?

Just business as usual.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
      Brandon Nimmo's neck hell: 'Couldn't hold my head up'

The article in the link above is dated April 17th 2019. We now find out he's been playing with a neck injury most of this season. Of course the Mets didn't bother with an MRI. "Just rub a little dirt in it".

The Mets have a history of putting injured players on the field, which then results in career threatening damage. For context, here's a video from 8/27/14 in which David Wright and Vic Black discuss their neck injuries. Remember them?

Just business as usual.
      Oh that must explain the comments in one of the recent postgames from Callaway about "he tries to change his pillow" or something to that effect. First time I get it, but after that, especially with the line of work he is in and the access to medical care it is silly. This is coming off like someone with no health insurance who can't take time off from work.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post

Oh that must explain the comments in one of the recent postgames from Callaway about "he tries to change his pillow" or something to that effect. First time I get it, but after that, especially with the line of work he is in and the access to medical care it is silly. This is coming off like someone with no health insurance who can't take time off from work.
        Nimmo diagnosed with bulging disc, whiplash

Callaway was lying about Nimmo and his pillow. The Mets organization lying about the injury status of a player - how shocking. When they said the result of the MRI was "inflammation" I immediately wondered what the cause was. I guess Fred and Jeff held back the truth for a couple days in the hopes some more cortisone shots and pain killers would let them run Nimmo back on the field.

After all, this is the team that played David Wright with a broken back for over a month - which probably led to his spinal stenosis.

Many top players of the Wilpon era have been victims of the Jeff Wilpon Injury Protocol. Beyond all the other failings, the attrition rate due to serious injury has been great. Even if the team somehow overcame the cheap, intrusive, idiotic decision making of ownership, the destruction of talent, due to misuse, would sink it.

Comment

Looks like they might have ruined Brandon Nimmo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/timbheale...67426757713920

For some reason, he was playing "rehab" games until the end of last week.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/14/brando...crashing-halt/

Rehab games? What actual treatment for his injury had he received? His stint on the DL was brief - I'd think too brief for any meaningful treatment on a bulging disk. And at the end of it, he was back on the field, only in the Minors. What's rehabilitative about that?

What's astounding is how Fred and Jeff never learn, apparently couldn't care less, and how the press and Player's Association are silent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
            Looks like they might have ruined Brandon Nimmo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/timbheale...67426757713920

For some reason, he was playing "rehab" games until the end of last week.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/14/brando...crashing-halt/

Rehab games? What actual treatment for his injury had he received? His stint on the DL was brief - I'd think too brief for any meaningful treatment on a bulging disk. And at the end of it, he was back on the field, only in the Minors. What's rehabilitative about that?

What's astounding is how Fred and Jeff never learn, apparently couldn't care less, and how the press and Player's Association are silent.
            Learn? There is nothing to learn when you don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Learn? There is nothing to learn when you don't care.
              Here's an article from 4 days ago describing a game ending, home plate collision in Syracuse involving Nimmo.

Engel’s throw on the fly to catcher Zack Collins was slightly up the third-base line, which stymied Nimmo a bit. Collins’ move up the line cut off Nimmo’s direct sliding lane before he got a chance to swerve and hit the ground.

Nimmo didn’t have a shot to put much of a hit on Collins. The two players remained upright, made light contact and Collins held onto the ball.

This is nuts. They wait over a month to give him an MRI. They then find out he has whiplash and a bulging disk. He should be resting until all symptoms go away, perhaps in traction.

Of course they don't care, but after destroying Church, Bay, Wright, etc., you'd think they'd realize it's in their best interests to have their best players as functional as possible.

With Wright or Cespedes bringing in big insurance money (which isn't reinvested), their absence equates to a big payroll cut, so I can see an evil logic in whipping them like mules. Nimmo makes >$600K this season. He offers great value, but only when playing, so snuffing out that value is a total loss. It's stupid and crazy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X