X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Harrelson

Here's a sad story about a NY Met legend who is battling alzheimer's:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/09/mets-l...fe-alzheimers/

Yep, it is terrible. I guess just another reality of life. That is why I feel it is such a waste of time to spend it on things you don't like. We talk a lot about spending money on here. I think time is so much more valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
      Yep, it is terrible. I guess just another reality of life. That is why I feel it is such a waste of time to spend it on things you don't like. We talk a lot about spending money on here. I think time is so much more valuable.
      I totally agree. Well said!

Comment

Very sad.

In my youth in the early 1970s, I would take the train and subway from Long Island to Shea Stadium and hang out in the parking lot to get autographs of the players coming in. Some of the guys were snotty; Jerry Grote and Mike Jorgensen come to mind. Seaver smiled, but he kept walking.

Bud Harrelson signed for everyone. There was a reason he was the most popular Met (which he was for a time). Years later, I read an article as to how his first marriage ended very badly, but he didn't let this affect that part of his job that involved fans. Bill James once said "Athletes are Heroes. That is their job." Bud Harrelson lived up to that part of the job description.
        "I do not care if half the league strikes. Those who do it will encounter quick retribution. All will be suspended and I don't care if it wrecks the National League for five years. This is the United States of America and one citizen has as much right to play as another. The National League will go down the line with Robinson whatever the consequences. You will find if you go through with your intention that you have been guilty of complete madness."

NL President Ford Frick, 1947

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
          Terrible about Harrelson. Harrelson was a regular when I first got into baseball as a little kid. Reminds us all of our mortality, and the fragility of health and life in general.

Things discussed on here good or bad are about things that we do like...mostly baseball. Discussing money in regards to baseball is not fretting over our personal real life finances.

Unfortunately money is a huge part of baseball. No way around it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Terrible about Harrelson. Harrelson was a regular when I first got into baseball as a little kid. Reminds us all of our mortality, and the fragility of health and life in general.

Things discussed on here good or bad are about things that we do like...mostly baseball. Discussing money in regards to baseball is not fretting over our personal real life finances.

Unfortunately money is a huge part of baseball. No way around it.
            Harrelson was the type of player I wish the current roster was loaded with. A true Met in every detail..
            North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X