Final 2018 Win Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Okay, I know there are not a lot of predictions here but for Mandrake to be more optimistic than me--well that just doesn't sit well with me so I'm going with 93.
    Sorry , this isn't the Price is Right...first bids are final. LOL.

I am usually very optimistic about the team...last season I predicted 95 wins but the wheels fell off. In 2015 I correctly predicted that the NL east was the worst division in MLB and that the Mets would feast on the Marlins, Phillies and Braves------and they certainly did. I had no faith in the Nats then, and I really still don't.

I am always supportive of the players, but that doesn't mean I see guys like Wheeler and TDA and Reyes and see 3 all -stars. I also never sang the praises of guys like K-Roid, F-Mart, or Ike Davis, Reuben Tejada, and other 'can't miss' guys promoted 24/7 on this forum. I don't root blindly for laundry, but as Mister B can attest ( since I talk his ears off at games) I can more than hold my own with Mets history knowledge. (so can Mongoose).

I expect Noah and Jacob to combine for at least 35 wins. I see Harvey having a big comeback season...before he leaves via free agency. When Wheeler says he is as good as anyone else on the staff, I am glad he was sent to AAA for an attitude adjustment. I want Plawecki to catch double the games TDA does...who just happens to be one of the worst defensive catchers I have seen on the Mets. Grote, Stearns, Carter, Piazza, Hodges, Dyer, Trevino, Reynolds, Hundley, Fitzgerald etc etc etc I would take all of them defensively over Travis.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post

Sorry , this isn't the Price is Right...first bids are final. LOL.

I am usually very optimistic about the team...last season I predicted 95 wins but the wheels fell off. In 2015 I correctly predicted that the NL east was the worst division in MLB and that the Mets would feast on the Marlins, Phillies and Braves------and they certainly did. I had no faith in the Nats then, and I really still don't.

I am always supportive of the players, but that doesn't mean I see guys like Wheeler and TDA and Reyes and see 3 all -stars. I also never sang the praises of guys like K-Roid, F-Mart, or Ike Davis, Reuben Tejada, and other 'can't miss' guys promoted 24/7 on this forum. I don't root blindly for laundry, but as Mister B can attest ( since I talk his ears off at games) I can more than hold my own with Mets history knowledge. (so can Mongoose).

I expect Noah and Jacob to combine for at least 35 wins. I see Harvey having a big comeback season...before he leaves via free agency. When Wheeler says he is as good as anyone else on the staff, I am glad he was sent to AAA for an attitude adjustment. I want Plawecki to catch double the games TDA does...who just happens to be one of the worst defensive catchers I have seen on the Mets. Grote, Stearns, Carter, Piazza, Hodges, Dyer, Trevino, Reynolds, Hundley, Fitzgerald etc etc etc I would take all of them defensively over Travis.
      Just to be clear, 93 is my first and final wins prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

Okay, I know there are not a lot of predictions here but for Mandrake to be more optimistic than me--well that just doesn't sit well with me so I'm going with 93.
        I admit...I was sent to rehab after this prediction

Comment

Everyone but Mongoose and JJPM had 83-93 wins. whoops.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X