No announcement yet.

2018 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets win 1-0 on a complete game shutout by opening day starter Noah Syndergaard.

The 2018 Mets season is over.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• 77-85, 7 more wins than last year, a good April and early May, a good August and September--and a bad-bad year in between.

deGrom, Wheeler, and Syndergaard (who completed a five-hit complete game shutout to finish 13-4 with a 3.03 ERA on the year) finished strong.

We'll see if they can continue on as a great 1/2/3, if Nimmo/Conforto/Rosario/McNeil can continue to grow together as a core, if they sign any help...we'll remain skeptical (we always do) but we will see where we are in 2019.

I'll tell you where I will be in 2019, though--

After 20 years of watching the Mets 3 hours behind NY here in Los Angeles County, I'll be watching them 5 hours AHEAD of NY...I'm headed for London at the end of November for at least 6 months, hopefully to stay, to try and settle there or elsewhere in Europe as an English teacher or teaching assistant.

Opening Day 2019 will be Opening Night for me!
      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
        After 20 years of watching the Mets 3 hours behind NY here in Los Angeles County, I'll be watching them 5 hours AHEAD of NY...I'm headed for London at the end of November for at least 6 months, hopefully to stay, to try and settle there or elsewhere in Europe as an English teacher or teaching assistant.
        Congrats!

Moving to London reminds me of this article on Mets fans across the world in the New York Times a few days ago:
        https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/28/s...ans-globe.html
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

77-85, 7 more wins than last year, a good April and early May, a good August and September--and a bad-bad year in between.

deGrom, Wheeler, and Syndergaard (who completed a five-hit complete game shutout to finish 13-4 with a 3.03 ERA on the year) finished strong.

We'll see if they can continue on as a great 1/2/3, if Nimmo/Conforto/Rosario/McNeil can continue to grow together as a core, if they sign any help...we'll remain skeptical (we always do) but we will see where we are in 2019.

Congrats. And someone smarter than me, namely Blue387, posted the article I just read and really enjoyed.

Comment

77-85, 7 more wins than last year, a good April and early May, a good August and September--and a bad-bad year in between.

Shea - good luck in the UK. Hopefully it is a great opportunity.

Hopefully the Mets do enough in the off season to compete next year. I see the Nats taking a step back, and the Phil/Braves just get better. So the Mets have their work cut out for them. We will see if the organization finds something it hasn't shown in quite some time.

Comment

• It is nice having bonus baseball today. Cubs and Brewers knotted at 1-1 in the 8th. Post season baseball is fun, even if this technically isn't yet post season baseball and the Mets aren't involved.

Comment

• He's trailing 1-0 right now, but on that list of pitchers right now I'd take in the postseason over Kershaw (deGrom, MadBum, and Verlander) I forgot Lester.

6 strikeouts and he's been on so far once again for the Cubbies in the Wild Card Game.
                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Aaaaaaand almost 3 hours later, with the game over 4 hours, the Rockies and Cubbies are STILL going, 1-1 in the 11th in my kind of game...

Comment

• And a 3rd-string catcher delivers the third of three straight hits to break the tie before Scott Oberg strikes out three straight Cubbies, and the Rockies outlast 'em 2-1 in 13 and nearly FIVE HOURS.
                    Last edited by Shea Knight; 10-02-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Aaaaaaand almost 3 hours later, with the game over 4 hours, the Rockies and Cubbies are STILL going, 1-1 in the 11th in my kind of game...
                      It was my kind of game too, although it didn't end until after 1:00AM in my time zone.
                      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

And a 3rd-string catcher delivers the third of three straight hits to break the tie before Scott Oberg strikes out three straight Cubbies, and the Rockies outlast 'em 2-1 in 13 and nearly FIVE HOURS.
                        Cubbies are gone. Its a good day.

Unfortunately Kershaw isn't what he was due to his back, but I wish he would put together a lights out post season and win a WS (unless they are playing the Yanks).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X