Jeff McNeil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    Maybe it's because they're in San Diego, but Gary Cohen is comparing McNeil to Tony Gwynn. I mean I like the kid a lot, but wait a minute...
    Gary Cohen also wet his draws every time Lagares caught a fly ball, and also called Colon's homer the greatest moment in baseball history.

So best to ignore him totally of take what he says with a grain of salt. He mainlines the Wilpon Kool-Aid.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

Gary Cohen also wet his draws every time Lagares caught a fly ball, and also called Colon's homer the greatest moment in baseball history.

So best to ignore him totally of take what he says with a grain of salt. He mainlines the Wilpon Kool-Aid.
      Cohen is a hardcore homer, but he is our homer. I'll take him and his overly exaggerated comments over the announcers for the Braves and many other teams any day.

BTW, while it is sad that Darling is battling cancer and out of the broadcast booth, I like Todd Zeile and hope he sticks with the broadcast booth.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Cohen is a hardcore homer, but he is our homer. I'll take him and his overly exaggerated comments over the announcers for the Braves and many other teams any day.

BTW, while it is sad that Darling is battling cancer and out of the broadcast booth, I like Todd Zeile and hope he sticks with the broadcast booth.
        As far as announcing the games nothing is more annoying than listening to the two morons that do that Nats games. Holy cow are they brutal.

However Cohen is horrendous. His over the top crap...like mentioning McNeil in the same sentence as Gwynn is just stupid.

It reminds me of the late 80's when the Back Street Boys were popular and my niece who was 7 at the time said "they are the next Beatles". Where she heard that I dont have any clue but she repeated it not knowing what it meant I am sure. Sort of like Cohen.

"Our homer"........so like my moron is better than your moron?
        Last edited by Paulypal; 05-10-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

"Our homer"........so like my moron is better than your moron?
          Exactly! At least he is our moron and we don't have what the Nats and Braves are stuck with.

Comment

Exactly! At least he is our moron and we don't have what the Nats and Braves are stuck with.
            Agreed some of these other guys are really brutal.

Comment

Try listening to a Phillies game with John Kruk doing the color commentary. Excruciating!
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X